jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Why don't we have a date stamp in our hubs?

1. Tranquilheart profile image90
    Tranquilheartposted 5 years ago

Not sure if this has been discussed before.  I'd think I'm not the only one who'd find a date stamp in the hub itself a useful thing.

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am reasonably certain that visitors would have a tendency to run away from old date stamps. smile

2. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Because there is a date stamp in your hub stats. smile

2. Time Spiral profile image95
    Time Spiralposted 5 years ago

I always include a by-line, and a published date, and as I revise the article, an [UPDATED: <DATE>] line.

As a viewer, I always look for the "date" on an article. I'm immediately dubious about the quality or intent of the article if I do not see one.

3. Danette Watt profile image89
    Danette Wattposted 5 years ago

That's a good point. I know when I'm online I want to know how old info is when I come across something. Maybe I'll start putting a date on mine.

4. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Only the author of a hub will know it's published date. Readers have no need to know it's published date, because people are suppose to be writing evergreen content.

Aside from that, readers can get a gist of how old the publication is by looking at the comment section. Rarely does a hub that is published not have a comment on it(at least one). However, out of the 101 hubs I have published, I do have couple of hubs that don't actually have comments on them and they have been published for quite a while. lol

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I like that my publication date is protected as it allows me to defend my original work more effectively when filing notices of infringement.

6. Danette Watt profile image89
    Danette Wattposted 5 years ago

you both make good points and I'll rethink my plan, not that it was that firm anyway at this point.