jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

My hub title/heading may be a problem

1. greatstuff profile image94
    greatstuffposted 5 years ago

Hi, I just joined and posted my 1st hub a few days back. When I type my hub's heading  and do a search, my article did not appear. The heading is "Stop that barking dog.Dog training for behavior problem" Is it because my heading is in two sentences? Even if I type "stop that barking dog" it will not appear.
    Should I change the title to address this problem?
    Thanks

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You might try searching for the URL instead of the title - it may be too far down on the SE to find.  The URL should always be in first place.

However, when I search for the title in the US it is in the first page, in fourth position. 

I have to say, though that your summary needs work - it is almost unreadable and will turn off anyone that sees it.

2. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Your hub has been indexed. To see it, simply copy and paste the URL into Google search.

greatstuffposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi QuestionMaster
      Thanks

3. greatstuff profile image94
    greatstuffposted 5 years ago

Hi wilderness. thanks for your feedback. I thought the summary is for the search engine and not for 'reading by human'..so the summary is actually meant to be read and must be 'logically written' for reading? If that's the case then i need to change that.. Pls confirm.Could this be the problem for not searchable?.
    Also pls tell me if its OK to have the main title in two sentences as shown in my earlier question. TQ

1. QuestionMaster profile image89
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The summary will be seen by humans - it's usually the excerpt that appears after the hyperlink to your page when you do a search.

Because your page is fairly new and the area is competitive, other pages are listed before yours for the same terms. So it's not about the grammar, it's about what keywords you are using - obviously that's a competitive niche so you won't get much traffic. Have a look around the site, there are plenty of guides about keyword research.

greatstuffposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi QuestionMaster
        Thanks for the feedback. i had corrected my summary and republish the article.thanks to wilderness and yourself for the comment

working