jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Disappearing Comment on a HubI

1. Paige Masters profile image85
    Paige Mastersposted 5 years ago

I've had this happen before... I made a comment on hubber jacqui2011's hub called "Remember, Remember your pet..." and there's no sign my comment was ever made.  It doesn't show up in my feed or under my hubtivity on my profile page.  It's happened before, I might add and then it showed up literally a couple of weeks later.  It's quite odd, not a huge deal but I thought you would like to know.

1. livelonger profile image91
      livelongerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like she had configured her Hub to not display comments until she had explicitly approved them, and then approved your comment a couple of weeks after you posted it.

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
        FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

ooops. I meant this to be a reply  to Paige, not livelonger. This is exactly what happens with moderated hubs-a lot of people moderate their hubs-only the hub author can see that comment until he or she approves it. I changed all my hubs to moderate after  receiving spam.

2. Paige Masters profile image85
    Paige Mastersposted 5 years ago

Thanks, guys.  Normally you see a message that states something to the effect of "your comment has been submitted and is waiting for author approval", though right?  And you see the comment waiting for approval coming in on the feed...  But there was no message at all.  I found it odd and out of the ordinary.

Plus, I ticked the useful button and it didn't increase the total amount of that tally.  IDK....