jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Google Adsense Stats - Really Really Low

1. newblender profile image79
    newblenderposted 5 years ago

Hello,

I just started an account on Hubpages 3 weeks ago.  I have written 5 hubs so far. I signed up for Adsense after my first hub.  After about two weeks my Adsense account was active (never got a conformation email???????)

When I am checking my Adsense account it is saying that I only have one or two page views per day.  But Hubpages and Google Analytics is saying like 12 people a day?  In total since my account started tracking on Adsense it said I have a total of 11 views.  In hubpages and Analytics, my total since Adsense went active has been 60 page views!

Why is Adsense not counting the same way.  It is weird to only have one or two page views a day?

Someone please inform me about my confusion?

Thanks
    A

2. Rob Winters profile image78
    Rob Wintersposted 5 years ago

In essence you share your advertisements with Hubpages (it's how they make money) so sometimes when your hubs are viewed the advertising/impressions go to hubpages and sometimes they go to you. I think it's a 60/40 split in your favour.
    Another factor may be the duration of the views - hubpages may register any visit but an impression may need to be of a minimum duration to be registered by adsense (i'm guessing here).

3. Richieb799 profile image64
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Yes it actually sounds normal, like Rob said, Hubpages gets 40% of your impressions.

4. Jon Peterz profile image60
    Jon Peterzposted 5 years ago

I too joined about 3 weeks ago and joined adsense after about 4 hubs or so.
    I also never got a complete approval confiramtion email.  But the adsenses is indeed active.  It's like I'm semi-approved.  They confirmed me joining and said "welcome" but at the same time said that I was not "fully approved".  ???
    Not many views for me either.  Discouraging.

newblenderposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Also, It is saying I made 5 cents yesterday off hub pages ads, but when I check adsense it still says I made 0 cents????? I thought it was easier to make money off of adsense

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
        mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hubpages Ads and Adsense are two different things, so you probably have made 5 cents on HP ads, but nothing on Adsense if you have HP Ads activated. You won't make anything on Adsense until you have received a 'pub' code from them and have entered it in the relevant section of your My Account-My Earnings- Configure Adsense section.

Be prepared to write for at least a year before you start to see any significant return. It can take six months to even begin to see a few cents trickling in.

Edit: It is easier to make money off HP Ads for most people, although it seems 'sales' hubs may do better on Adsense which is based on clicks. Personally I do much better on HP Ads.

It says I have an account associated with hubpages already.  That means its active correct?

It sounds like it, but you can easily be sure if you look at 'My Account', then 'My Earnings' and then check out 'Adsense'. You will clearly see your Adsense 'pub' ID next to the Adsense section. If it isn't there you need to click 'Configure' and add it in. If you have more than one Hubpages ID you will need to enter it on every one individually.

its there smile thanks

Glad to be of help smile

working