jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Title Tuner

1. mary615 profile image92
    mary615posted 5 years ago

I use the Title Tuner.  On my Butterfly Hub, it suggests that I use the word "cocune"?????  The correct spelling is cocoon, of course.  I'm not going to put a misspelled word in my title.  What do you think I should do???  Thanks.

1. 0
      RookerySpoonerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I used a grammar checker once, and did not bother to read the suggestions for changes it made, expecting it to be correct.  I simply clicked on "change."  I then printed off the fairy tale I had written and gave it to people to read.  Only later did I read it and discovered that it had replaced the word "threw" with "through."  The sentence read - "He through two shillings down into the wishing well."  I have not trusted grammar checks since.

2. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Hello Mary, I think the suggestions the Title Tuner offers you are search engine terms that people have typed in, in other words- your word was a typo someone made. I would ignore it too.

The Title Tuner is best used with 'intelligence' in the same way you would use a spell checker i.e. not use all that is suggested.

3. mary615 profile image92

You are right about spell checkers, etc.  I have read Hubs where the writer probably did a spell check, but didn't go back and throughly proof their work.  I read one that I just know the writer was unaware of a misspelled word used twice.  I felt like emailing the writer to let them know, but I decided against it.  Was something like "there", but should have been "their".

1. kmackey32 profile image81
      kmackey32posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am sure I do that all the time. lol

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

When I tried title tuner just to see what it was, I get the same title I am already using?

5. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

The tuner just tells you what search terms people use to hit your page.  No more, no less.

6. mary615 profile image92

I've changed my titles on a couple of Hubs , so I'll see if that made a difference.