jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

The hub just went grey and responds to no clicks to save.

1. Laura in Denver profile image78
    Laura in Denverposted 5 years ago

The only wierd thing I have ever done in this hub is to a link to a php program. I was not given an error message when doing this. Would an autosave
    be available.

I got one tip to hit shift + refresh on the browser, but got a message that I would lose data.

2. Cagsil profile image58
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Usually text capsules auto-save. If you click and refresh the page while in edit mode and you were not editing a text capsule at the time, then the text capsules shouldn't lose any information.

However, from what I understand about Hubpages, you might be able to retrieve previously saved information. I'm just not sure how to do it. I'm pretty sure the feature exists.

Laura in Denverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It did not autosave the active edit after grey screen. Responded to no input whatsoever. I did autosave the above text capsule.

I choose now to type in a .doc, .rtf or .txt and save that, then copy and paste.

3. paradigmsearch profile image87
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

"The hub just went grey and responds to no clicks to save."

The active screen may be off-screen. Page up and down. You might get lucky and it will be there. smile

I was unable to page up or down at all--withing text area or in browser.

I did try minimizing and maximizing, which has worked on other errant programs I have used, but that did not solve the issue.

4. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Open Hubpages in another tab, go to my account and edit the hub..it usually works when the screen goes grey and you don't lose information. Hope that helps.

I think I tried that, but not sure. I'll keep it in mind, thanx!

working