jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

newbie here please give me some advice

1. yenohwin profile image60
    yenohwinposted 5 years ago

hi everyone! i'm a newbie here and i need some advice because i really want to develope my writing skills. thanks alot!

1. visitmaniac profile image60
      visitmaniacposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Write about things you like and know about. If you have a passion for it, it will show in your writing skills and readers will enjoy it more. At first don't get hung up on getting traffic to your hubs instead just write and enjoy it. It wont feel like a job and the money will start flowing in smile

2. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Capitalize the first word of every sentence.  Just kidding, welcome to HP! smile

I can't give you advice anyway, I'm bombing at the moment!

2. yenohwin profile image60

thanks visitmaniac for that good advice.i really need it. @ Randy Godwin you make me lol!

3. CyclingFitness profile image92
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

Good luck yenohwin

My advice to you is write about what you're passionate about too

From my experience you'll look at your first hubs in a few months time and have a completely different view on them. Passion is good but you need to couple it with quality.

The next advice I can give is read up on search engine optimisation and backlinking. There is a lot of advice out there on this so it may take time for you to establish exactly what needs to be done.

Every day is a schoolday

Good luck

4. yenohwin profile image60

thank you so much CyclingFitness1 i will remember that word came from you "Every day is a schoolday"

5. theirishobserver. profile image59
    theirishobserver.posted 5 years ago

Run, break FREE, go I tell you Go smile

6. seamist profile image82
    seamistposted 5 years ago

You may think theirishobserver is joking, but I totally agree. If you're just here to learn how to write, write away. However, if you're here to make money, get out before you have too much time invested.

7. Sneha Sunny profile image87
    Sneha Sunnyposted 5 years ago

First of all, write to enjoy and not for the money...(as many do). Money will automatically come. Be yourself while writing, write in your own style.

8. Rosie2010 profile image82
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages, Yenohwin!  HP is a great site, with helpful and friendly community.  If you love writing, just write on.  You love to travel.. that's a good topic to write about.  Check out the successful hubbers and see what they are doing right.  To find your niche, write on different topics.. but whatever you write about, be passionate about it.  Again, welcome and I wish you all the best here on Hubpages.