Do you feel a personal impact from tv shows, movies or games?

1. Watcher07 profile image60
    Watcher07posted 5 years ago

I've been a geek I believe as long as I can remember, always attracted to things like science fiction, fantasy, etc.  I'm not so involved in it as others I have met that seem to not be able to differentiate between fact and fiction, but I do find myself strangely drawn to these and other subjects.  The past few days I have had a desire to write a hub related to Star Wars, but it seemed I couldn't find the right way to convey what kind of impact it has had on my life without sounding like I have gone a bit overboard, so I thought I would see how many people are impacted by the entertainment industry beyond simple entertainment.

An example is that growing up I had lost my mother, moved in with a new family with some other drama, and got involved with some people that I shouldn't, so on and so forth.  There's no events in Star Wars that I directly relate to (saving the galaxy from an evil empire and such), but more it was a source of escape that I found during those times as a small kid that ended up moving it beyond simply being a set of films and into becoming a friend of sorts.  It was something that was there and stable for me when everything else wasn't.  So as an adult, I find myself still infatuated with that universe because of the familiar feelings it stirs as opposed to the actual content (though c'mon, lightsabers are pretty cool.)

Anyway, what entertainment mediums have you found yourself impacted by on a personal level?

1. Friendlyword profile image61
      Friendlywordposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Grays Anatomy makes me cry like a little girl every week.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Most good film productions, mostly American, British and European, and some TV, of which there are about a hundred. Why watch if I am not impacted in a good way. A vicarious life. I have to watch it if it is great. It is art.