jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Other Affiliate Programs?

1. Sam's Food 4 Life profile image60
    Sam's Food 4 Lifeposted 5 years ago

I cannot participate with the Amazon Affiliate program simply because of where I live. This just happened this year. When a state tries to collect sales tax on Amazon sales, Amazon boots all the associates that live it that state.

I would like to have my food blog affiliate with Barnes & Noble. I can't see an easy way to do that here. Barnes & Noble works through Linkshare. I have an affiliate ID when both of them now, but I don't see an easy way to take advantage of that here. Even the links module won't let me show pictures of the book covers like I used to do with Amazon.

2. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

You can use Amazon again, for now at least - they've reinstated the accounts of Amazon associates. As of a few weeks ago, you can also use eBay through the Hubpages ad program.

Otherwise, you'd be best going with a different revenue sharing site or starting your own site if you want to promote other affiliates.

Sam's Food 4 Lifeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not according to Amazon. Can you give me a link to this news? I don't live in California.

1. QuestionMaster profile image89
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ah sorry, thought you were in CA. Should have checked your profile!

I guess you can't use Amazon then, sorry to get your hopes up. sad But the rest of my post still applies.

Sam's Food 4 Lifeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If I can find an angle where the Ebay would be helpful, I may use it, but my blog is supposed to focus on product/service reviews and health information. I really need to link to books that are related to my topics.

I do appreciate the effort you made to answer me. I may have to find a new place to host my blog. I like how HubPages works in general, so that's kind of sad, but if I must, I must. I may just set up an independent site on my personal webspace.

working