jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Websites to write for upfront payment

1. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

What are some good websites to write for upfront payment? Since I am not an American citizen, premium article websites like Demand Studios may not accept me. So please suggest some other websites.

1. kirsib profile image56
      kirsibposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure about associated content and helium. With AC you can write about anything you like and submit it to upfront pay. I usually get an answer in few days and either and offer for payment (last was $2.07 I've got up to $5 per article). If they do not offer money for the article you can still publish it there and get paid for each reader click. What I really like about AC is the fact they pay to your paypal each month no minimun limit I believe. I have not written much there lately (or ever lol) and still make between $5-$10 each month.

With Helium look into open assignments and those that they offer pay, some are one dollar, some two dollars, but they do not pay for each article if someone else wrote "better", they just publish it anyway without pay. And with Helium you can NEVER delete your articles, keep that in mind. Contests there are tad silly, readers vote articles up and down and I find it many times unfairly. Still you can win decent money if you write about every subject in contest category and get rated high.

Epinions is great site to review electronics, even a short review (long enough to get rated!) can make nice money, I have some camera reviews and MP3 reviews making money for years.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You could try Wisegeek. $10-15 dollars per article, lots of work and you'll normally receive payment within 48 hours. Initially, you'd need to send two writing samples and then the testing process begins. You write 3 batches of three articles and after each batch you are told if you can move onto the next phase of testing.

3. netlexis profile image81
      netlexisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Check out the WAHM.com forum in the Writing - Freelancing section. You'll a lot of info in the stickies and of course, you can ask the members (but read back, there's loads of info there). BTW, WAHM is Work at Home Moms, but you don't have to be a mom (or even female) to join the form.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

As has been suggested numerous times, Bright Hub. Associated Content only pays US members up front.

It is hard to get into Wisegeek, i have tried several times.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'd honestly try again.( but of course only if you still want to write  for them) I believe when they're not desperate for writers they raise the bar( to almost impossible) I think however, at the moment they're struggling, not enough writers, as they have been asking me to write as many articles as possible.

3. galleryofgrace profile image81
    galleryofgraceposted 5 years ago

Yahoo Contributors not Associated Content. Textbroker also pays on acceptance.

1. carol3san profile image60
      carol3sanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the great info people.  I will be checking out some of these sites.