jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

How many plunge/surges have you gone through?

1. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 5 years ago

The graph above shows my traffic for the last year. generally it was on a downward turn (due to niches getting old) - I did lose a fair bit of traffic due to Panda - but the biggest swings for me have come after the subdomain switch.

I've had for distinct surges and four distinct plunges (the grpah is currently plunging as we speak).

Are you seeing a similar pattern? The plunges seem to last about 7 -10 days and the surges last for about 5-7 days! I'm expecting my next surge in about a week!!!

2. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

Still enjoying my August plunge - a few small fluctuations, but generally still chugging along with little Google traffic smile

1. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I guess I'm lucky that I do have a few super days - there seems to be a pattern for me, it seems very strange that other's don't have a pattern.

Come on Google, you either love me or hate me - this indecision is killing me LOL!

1. CMHypno profile image89
        CMHypnoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Seems like nobody is feeling happy and secure at the moment - hubbers who haven't yet plunged are wondering when it will happen to them, hubbers going up and down are frantically looking for a pattern, and us seemingly-permanent plungers are trying to work out what we need to change and if Google will ever smile on us again!

3. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

No sudden spikes or plunges my entire time here until August 10th.  I'm still sitting at the bottom of my first plunge since then.  Spikes? Nope! smile

4. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

I've been rising steadily from mid-July, from about 25 views a day to 150-180 per day currently.

I don't know how to show my profile graph here.

I think it's mid-July. The graph is a bit difficult to read and I get confused because of the dates being backwards on US sites.

5. Benjimester profile image90
    Benjimesterposted 5 years ago

On my first plunge.  Getting ready for the wild ride.  Thanks for showing us what we can expect.  Your graph is really useful.  I really wish we could figure out what's setting off the plunges and surges though.  It doesn't make sense.

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I had one big plunge and one big surge.

7. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

Before the big surge that "everyone" (a lot of people) had in August, my daily averages were usually within 200/300 views of each other.  (Occasionally, there's be an extra 100 views a day.)

Since the first surge (mentioned above), there was a short-lived plunge of several hundred views a day, but then there's been a gradual "elevation" in average as each week has gone by.

What I have, though, is a very dramatic drop (by about 1500, maybe more) views a day as the weekend approaches.  My average daily views is still a whole lot higher than it was before, but the difference between Thursday (when the drop starts at around 100 views every hour) and Saturday afternoon (when the increase by around 100 or so views, estimated) starts again.  What I've noticed is that over the last two weekends there seems to be a more stable "pattern of decline/rise" (sort of, and in a way that would take too long to describe here).

So basically, I can lose between 1500 and even 3000 views in those weekend drops (which is very different from the past when a drop involved a couple/few hundred views in the 24 hours   hmm).  I keep thinking that one of these weekends (which are usually followed by a new all-time high), there won't be the (until now) usual increase as Saturday gets closer toward Sunday.

8. ershruti304 profile image60
    ershruti304posted 5 years ago

Thank God only 1

9. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 5 years ago

Just as I thought I was seeing a pattern, Google go and confound me again! This time the plunge only lasted 2 days - it's been lasting 7 days!

Perhaps all the work I've put in removing ads, and adding summaries is working - or Google read my forum comment and decided to 'play' with me!