jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Beginner needs tips!

1. Eloise Hope profile image61
    Eloise Hopeposted 5 years ago

Howdy! I've just posted two hubs so far, and am about to launch into a goal of two hubs per day until Halloween! Before I go too far down the road, I thought I'd better get some advice on what I've written so far. Specifically, I want to know whether my overall concept is viable: I want to make hubs on diy topics that take some care, but are truly achievable. I want to give detailed instructions that aren't too daunting, for those who really want to tackle something and learn how to do it well. Needless to say, I'll limit myself to things I have been doing for years, and can teach!
    But will anybody want this? And do experienced hubbers have any tips on finding my particular audience? And on how to link to things that will be useful to readers, to build a readership?
    Thanks for your time and advice!
    Sincerely, Eloise Hope (hubs on slip covering an arm chair and making fresh apple muffins)

2. QuestionMaster profile image90
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

This hub should answer most of your questions.

3. Danette Watt profile image87
    Danette Wattposted 5 years ago

Hi Eloise. Welcome to Hub Pages!

I read your hubs and think they are very well written. Your upholstery hub had good instructions and photos.

I think you will find plenty of readers once you get your name out there. Try joining some of the communities (listed under Topics in the black bar at the top of the page).

You can also see if there is anything under the suggested links in your hub (look for that at the top of each of your hubs). And once you start building your hub "portfolio" you can start linking them to each other. For instance, if you did another on, say, baking an apple pie, you could link your two apple hubs together as well as start grouping your hubs. When you are in edit mode, you can make a group through the gray box to the right, where you write your summary. That will get people reading between your hubs.

That should get you started. After that, its just a matter of time and continuing to write quality hubs. Oh and doing backlinking and learning about SEO and keywords but that's for another day. smile

4. Eloise Hope profile image61
    Eloise Hopeposted 5 years ago

Thank you so much, Danette! I really value your advice, and I'll follow your suggestions. Thanks especially for the details about how to actually make the links, and the back-linking and seo...there is quite a bit to learn, but I'm really enjoying it and the kindness of the community. So glad I found HubPages!

5. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Your how-to hubs idea is an excellent way to go and can be money earners. Just my opinion.