jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Account banned. If I re-publish in the new account, is it duplicate?

1. 0
    LifeMazeposted 5 years ago

I had an account banned, but there are some good articles in that account.
    If I re-publish them in my new account, would I get in trouble for duplicate? I really would like to keep this new account, so I don't want to do anything against the rules. 
    On the other hand, I have spent my time and effort and would like to get benefits our of my old hubs (if possible)
    Thanks for answers.

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If they are banned, I would not recommend re-publishing them on a new account. Not a good idea. What type of hubs were they? Maybe there is somewhere else you can publish them. Google has very strict rules on what can be published and what cannot.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your hub are very very short, that is probably the problem. Also, you do not say where the photos came from and do you have the right to use them? If they are yours you should say so. And you also have unrelated links on the Christmas hub.

2. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Why were you banned? Generally it takes something serious to get banned, such as lots of spam or spun content.

If you republish the articles, you can only do so once Google de-indexes them. You can check this by copying and pasting the URL of the article into Google. If it still comes up, it hasn't been de-indexed.

However I'd recommend that you're very careful with your content - especially if that was the reason for your previous ban.

I'm not sure what the rules are on starting a new account after a ban, but I'm sure they'll be watching you closely.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When you have your whole account banned, it means that HubPages is closing the use of their services to you permanently, unlike a forum ban which is more like a temporary time-out for bad conduct.  Because it takes terms of use violations to get a whole account banned, it doesn't happen casually.  And based on past precedent, opening a new account to circumvent an account ban is grounds for having the new account shut down itself.

1. QuestionMaster profile image89
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the confirmation on this. Thought that opening a new account might get a person in trouble, but wasn't 100% sure.

3. breakingnews profile image62
    breakingnewsposted 5 years ago

You can use those articles but these can create trouble in Google search but not 100 % , as you can use.

4. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

Rewrite your articles to reflect original content. Research them properly but do not use the exact articles you used before. There is a serious reason why HP banned you so I would steer clear of repeating the same things in the new account. As I said before, research your articles and rewrite them with new information, proper use of grammar, make sure they are not copied from anywhere and name the source of your photos.