jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Why would my page disappear off of google?

1. juliebooly profile image84
    julieboolyposted 5 years ago

Hi all,

I had the number one page rank for one of my hubs, and now the page seems to have completely disappeared - even when I do the search using my tag (juliebooly). Can anyone explain why Google would have removed it? I'd like to get my rank back smile.

Thanks!
    juliebooly

2. QuestionMaster profile image88
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

The first thing to ask is - is this the only hub of yours that has been de-indexed from Google? If your other hubs have too, or your traffic is down, you may have been "sandboxed", a major issue for some accounts since the introduction of stand alone subdomains.

Next, how much traffic WERE you getting before? If it was a low trafficked hub then Google may have chosen to de-index it as not relevant to searchers or for a similar reason.

julieboolyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

More than 1 has gone down. What is sandboxing and how do I get rid of it?

I was getting 30 to 50 hits a day, so I don't think low traffic was the issue.

1. QuestionMaster profile image88
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Have you read any of the subdomain related threads? It might be in your best interest to do so.

Subdomains are a new thing that has had varying effects on different accounts - basically making each account its own "separate website."

Reading some of the threads on the topic might give you the best insight into this.

3. profile image60
    samuiweddingposted 5 years ago

Maybe your topic getting more competitive, try to work on increasing links to your hub.

julieboolyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just a quick update - my hub did come back! Thank you for your help - I really appreciate it.

working