jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

EBay

1. catgypsy profile image81
    catgypsyposted 5 years ago

I was wondering how the EBay thing works. Can I go back to all my hubs and add ebay to them? Can I still use Adsense and Amazon with ebay? I've been accepted, but don't know where to go from here.

Thanks,
    Sheila

2. tamron profile image60
    tamronposted 5 years ago

you can earn with all 3 Ebay,Adsense and Amazon.  I am not sure if you can put both eBay and Amazon on the same hub.  They might call that over promotional.

3. catgypsy profile image81

Thanks for the info tamron!

4. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

You can use both Amazon and Ebay on one hub, I do it all the time. You just have to make sure you don't overdo it.

1. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Agreed - for the longest time I tried to pack in as many ebay and Amazon ads as I could - I've now been reviewing all of my hubs and realized how bad they look! I've reduced the number of Amazon / eBay ads drastically - probably by 80% - these ads were not successful and probably the proportion of ads to content was being punished by Google - so in this case I really think 'less is more'...

2. profile image61
      apoldearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So we can put both on one hub? Thank you for the confirmation.  I'll just have to make sure they won't like in competition with each other. lol

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Actually, that's what I am trying - let them compete with the same basic products.  Others have said that it is effective and some people really like either ebay or amazon.

You can also end up with different manufacturers and pricing between the two, which gives the reader a choice they might appreciate.

5. catgypsy profile image81

Thanks everyone for your replies and advice. I agree that you shouldn't over monetize your hubs. That's a good idea, wilderness, to see how the competition goes!

6. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

You can have one Amazon/eBay item per 50 words of text, maximum (according to HP rules.)

This means that if you've got 300 words of text you can:

-Have 6 Amazon items.
    -Have 6 eBay items.
    -Have 3 Amazon items and 3 eBay items.
    -Have any other combination as long as it does not exceed 6 items.

catgypsyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks QuestionMaster. That really makes it simple! I appreciate it.

7. Danette Watt profile image87
    Danette Wattposted 5 years ago

well that clarifies it for me as well, I thought there had to be a minimum 50 word description of the item in the hub, and wondered why other people weren't mentioning their advertized items.

Which makes sense I guess b/c if you don't choose the item yourself, how would you know what Amazon or eBay will post there to write about, right?

Still learning....smile

catgypsyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Danette, the more I learn, the more I realize how much more I have to learn...if that makes any sense! Hahaha.

working