jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Feedback please for new hubby!

1. Sybille Yates profile image78
    Sybille Yatesposted 9 years ago

I just joined yesterday and I am already addicted to hubpages, can you please check out my newshub at http://hubpages.com/hub/NewsNewsNews and tell me what you think about a simple set up like this? SY

2. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 9 years ago

How will you be updating it?

There's nothing there that really wants to grab me to read any of it. News sites, much like newspapers, have photos that catch your eye.

Also, what is the theme? Global news? National news? (if so, what country?) Local news?

3. JRobin profile image59
    JRobinposted 9 years ago

Yeah, nothing jumps off the page, besides, everyone goes to their favorite newsite anyway. The ones they trust.

In other words - Conservatives watch FoxNews, Liberals watch everything else.

4. Sybille Yates profile image78
    Sybille Yatesposted 9 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to look at it! You're right with the "sorting thing" I will put it in rubrics soon and also try to get more images/ videos on the page. SY

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

That's the thing though, you're going to be working hard to keep it up to date. Finding videos and images that are relevant and current. If you do find an audience and you're unable to update the page for two or three days you could very easily lose that audience.

You're far better Hubbing about things that aren't going to change not just day to day, but hour to hour.

Hub about your interests. How To's, DIY, Education, quality information...

In my opinion, making a News hub will require a lot of effort for not a lot of reward.

working