jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

a little help please

1. SherrieAnne profile image75
    SherrieAnneposted 5 years ago

I am new to hubpages and have just written a couple of tiny things so far with great fear...as I would really like to write something more than fluff. Then this little thing popped up beside my "recipe" today and wow! Really...gentle help? I would love that? Advice? Please do...because I would really like to know what the heck I am doing ~ thanks so much! 
    My hubs are listed under             SherrieAnne

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A little thing popped up?  If you are looking at your "my account" page you are the only one that can see it.  What is it?  At the bottom of the screen is a brief explanation of what each symbol means.  Let us know what it is and maybe someone can help.

SherrieAnneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh sorry ~ silly of me...the "little thing" I was referring to was the "tips" listed on the right side...there is an arrow and you can scroll through and learn a number of things~so helpful! That gave ideas on how to better write a hub. That is how I found out about extreme hub makeover.
        PS why would someone UNFOLLOW instead of giving constructive critcism?

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
          Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

For a variety of reasons. Writers are sensitive I've been told!  smile

2. Randy Godwin profile image92
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

I agree with Wilderness. I'm confused about what "popped up."  smile

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Why shouldn't people follow and unfollow based on interest? They are responsible only for their own reading pleasure....

SherrieAnneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So you "unfollow" even if you have never "followed" previously? Maybe I don't understand the point

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
        Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think those are No-follow unfollows.  roll

working