jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Pay-Per-Post Content Sites

1. Jenna Pope profile image61
    Jenna Popeposted 5 years ago

I get really tired of writing a well-thought-out, researched article for $3, $4 or $5. It makes me feel unimportant. I have something important to say! LOL!

So I'm sticking with Hub and seeing if I can direct more traffic to my HUB site. Besides the Hubbers are the most friendly and helpful of all the groups on line.

1. Carolyn2008 profile image77
      Carolyn2008posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for your comment. I was wondering if I was the only one to feel that way. All of the research and time to write quality articles for $3 a pop. If I was a prolific writer, I could see writing 20 articles a week as a good deal. But then, my HubPages,  my blogs and my web sites would have to take a back seat. And, I will be writing for someone else's passive income. I am so glad my decision to stay here is supported. Now I don't feel so bad.

2. thooghun profile image86
    thooghunposted 5 years ago

Stick with it Jenna, it's worth it. Creating value as a writer is perhaps the most important long-term decision. Writing for 5$ will bury you -- even if you could use the quick buck.

1. Jenna Pope profile image61
      Jenna Popeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks thooghun!

3. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I don't think it ought to be a matter of feeling "unimportant", but a lot of people aren't willing to work at that kind of pay rate.  Over the long term, the pay for something like a Hub can add up to far more (and a far better "hourly rate") than getting a few dollars once for a 500-word or 700-word thing does.  It's passive income.  The writing-articles thing is not.  Big difference.  smile

1. Hollie Thomas profile image58
      Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Lisa, however, I have to write a few up front payment articles so I can work on my hubs and wait for earnings long-term.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image58
        Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You should also try Wisegeek, you're paid between $10-15 dollars for a 400 word article.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I think, with content writing, it pays to diversify a bit.  Even when you hit a good profit center you never know how long it will last. So it pays to cultivate some alternatives.

working