jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Weird Traffic Behavior

1. Haunty profile image83
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

I've just noticed that traffic on one hub went from pretty much nothing to over 100 views in the past 24 hours. I went to investigate and found that I had 84 hits from haunty.hubpages.com. What might be the reason?

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

It only means that people who were visiting your profile click on that particular hub.

3. Haunty profile image83
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

One would think that, Cagsil. But how is it logical that just about all the people who visit my profile click on that particular hub? It barely gets any traffic and now all of a sudden it gets a lot of traffic from my profile. This makes me curious.

1. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It would make one wonder, sure. But, I wouldn't say ALL the traffic to your profile is visiting that one particular hub. However, someone could have wanted to link to your hub, but ended up linking to your profile instead. Who knows?

4. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

They could be coming from all over your subdomain as well as your profile.  I typically get 150+ views from my subdomain, but doubt that my profile gets any where near enough views to produce all that traffic.

Are your hubs heavily interlinked?  Could it be just one or two hubs that are producing the views through links?

5. Haunty profile image83
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

That makes sense. It's 'grouped' with some hubs that are higher in traffic. Maybe that's where all the visitors are coming from. In general, most of my best hubs are seeing higher traffic today than they ever have.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A possibility, and maybe a good one.  The little group thingie at the end of the hub can shuttle visitors to other hubs in the group and that would be from your subdomain.

6. Topnewhottoys profile image61
    Topnewhottoysposted 5 years ago

as you put it... the "group" thingie is a great way to get readers to look at more of your hubs in that topic category

working