jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Dividing one hub into two new ones, please help

1. Maralexa profile image87
    Maralexaposted 5 years ago

I have at least one hub that is too long and rambling.  I would like to divide it into 2 hubs and retitle them.

My concern in doing this is that I will receive the duplicate content flag and not be able to republish the hub(s).

The particular hub is: http://maralexa.hubpages.com/hub/We-Ove … ll-Desires

This is the original title which I changed a few weeks ago.  I don't know how to change the title in the URL either.  And, as it stands I fear it may be a problem to Google.  Perhaps you would comment here too.

Would you help me please by suggesting how I can republish this hub as two hubs?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Write the new hubs but don't publish them.  Unpublish the old hub and wait a week.  Publish the new hubs.

If you are going to move the second half, for instance, you can write the new hub, delete the second half of the first and wait a week.  Then publish the new one.

You cannot change the URL, only the title.

2. Maralexa profile image87
    Maralexaposted 5 years ago

Thanks wilderness. 

I was hoping just waiting might do it.  So if I want to get rid of the original title (URL), I need to go with 2 new hubs, not keep the first half.   Do you have any comments on the word 'lust' as far as Google may be concerned?  If I haven't had any problems yet, I probably shouldn't be worried.

Thanks again.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The title and URL are not the same thing.  The title is the first big header in the hub, right at the top, and the URL is what you can see in the browser address bar.  The title is easy to change (just click it) but the URL is fixed.

I probably wouldn't use "lust" just on principle unless it really adds to the hub.  Even then I would be ready to change it at the drop of a hat.  It is possible that you haven't had trouble because the HP bots haven't caught it yet but they are coming.  Or maybe it's OK - I don't know.  Google is such a prude and HP has to go along with it.

If this is an old hub, you realize you will lose any positive effect from aging of course, as well as any comments if you write two new ones.  You will also lose any backlinks.