jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (17 posts)

Happy Anniversary!

1. glassvisage profile image85
    glassvisageposted 5 years ago

Sorry to be conceited, but I have to take this opportunity to mention my 5th anniversary on HubPages.
    HubPages has been a fantastic opportunity for me to learn from others and teach what I know. I started at the beginning of my college career, and it's become a sizeable part of my life. I recommend it to people who want to kick-start their writing career, or make some extra money.
    I can remember when I started and I looked up to Hubbers like Robin, Jimmy the Jock, and Moonmaiden. I wrote my first few Hubs on marmosets and Christmas. My Christmas Hub got a comment from a soldier serving in the Middle East who was away from home during the holiday - he told me that my Hub made him feel like I was at home, and from that moment I knew that HubPages was more than scores and revenue.
    For anyone who is starting or is considering starting, I heartily encourage you to give it a shot. I feel like you get what you put into it, and considering I've invested 5 years into it, I feel so satisfied and ready for more Hubbing!

2. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 5 years ago

Congrats on your 5th Anniversary!  I just celebrated my 3rd anniversary a couple of weeks ago.  I have to agree with you....writing here has been (and still is) a fantastic opportunity!

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Congratulations!  I'm only one year old yet, but give me time...

4. RedElf profile image84
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

Congratulations! That is quite a milestone! So nice to see you are still writing here.

5. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 5 years ago

sorry i missed this GlassVisage a happy anniversary to you , good to see you.....jimmy

6. barryrutherford profile image39
    barryrutherfordposted 5 years ago

Well Done!  Happy to be a keen follower & fan of your posts!

7. glassvisage profile image85
    glassvisageposted 5 years ago

Thank you all! I don't know what I would be without HubPages and without great Hubbers like you.

8. schoolgirlforreal profile image75
    schoolgirlforrealposted 5 years ago

How does make money on here? I know tons of people who are good writers here who have been here over a year or more and haven't made any...

1. glassvisage profile image85
      glassvisageposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I can tell you that it took me about a year before I got my first check! Just keep writing and don't get discouraged!

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image75
        schoolgirlforrealposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks smile and congrats smile

9. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 5 years ago

Congrats!  I don't think it's conceited at all.  Positive milestones should always be shared and celebrated.  smile

10. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Congrats! smile

11. cebutouristspot profile image73
    cebutouristspotposted 5 years ago

Congrats and may you contribute more article to come smile

12. 0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

1. jean2011 profile image81
      jean2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Happy 5th anniversary glassvisage!

13. melpor profile image89
    melporposted 5 years ago

Congratulations Glassvisage! Keep on hubbing.

14. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

That's wonderful news! 5 years is a long time.
    I wish you continued success in the future.