jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

safe photos

1. justincayce profile image59
    justincayceposted 5 years ago

Until I can advance my skills I need to know a place where I can find a bunch of photos that I can safely use in Hubpages. I am aware that this is a bit of a "quick fix" and that I need to upgrade my knowledge and skills in photography and correct photographic resources along the way to becoming a better writer. But for now... any suggestings a a single site where I will find usable photos on mostly any subject I might post would be appreciated. Also, is there a faq on how to correctly attribute photo sources - and what this means.

2. Becky Katz profile image86
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

I use photobucket. It is a public domain site. Anyone can use one of their photos. You should always attribute to the place you got the photo. If you get it online put  Photo from photobucket. When you get the photo, I always have to download to my computer first. Make sure you have the URL and original location address. You will be asked for them.

3. Gofygure profile image90
    Gofygureposted 5 years ago

I would steer clear of Photobucket. If someone uploads a copyrighted image and you unknowingly pass it on, you can still get into a heap of trouble. Plus, ethically I don't like the idea of taking pictures that the owner has not expressly released to the public domain. (A lot of people use Photobucket for photo storage. They may not want their stuff plastered all over the net.)

The two websites I've found most helpful are stock.XCHNG and Flickr under a Creative Commons search.

4. lisabeaman profile image89
    lisabeamanposted 5 years ago

I use morguefile.com the most... I do use stock.Xchng too. It's good practice to give attribution and/or let the artist know where you've used their image. I like those sites because they are free and they are okay to use for blogs, websites, and hubs.

5. Digitskyes profile image79
    Digitskyesposted 5 years ago

This place has excellent stock photos, most of which are totally free to use smile
    I've often used it and it's great!

6. jenn-zee profile image81
    jenn-zeeposted 5 years ago

I use freedigitalphotos.net for now. It does not have a huge collection, but they are quality images.

7. marriedwithdebt profile image88
    marriedwithdebtposted 5 years ago

I second and third Stock Xchg.