jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I'm writing fiction for the first time in over 30 years;Questions?

1. Dorsi profile image90
    Dorsiposted 5 years ago

I am writing some short stories for the upcoming contest and I must say that I am having a great time doing it. After writing non-fiction for so long this has been quite fun.

Now I am wondering of those of you that write fiction here at HubPages - do you let the readers know at the beginning that this is a fictional piece? Or do you write that in your disclaimer at the end? Since I am doing such totally different story lines ( I wrote 3 last night!) I am just using keywords as I would any other hub and adding appropriate capsules.

Any advice would be appreciated hubbers!

2. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 5 years ago

I don't have any fictional hubs up any more. I didn't write disclaimers. If, for example, people really did believe that you can have Dragon's living with you (at home) then I figured that something was massively wrong with their wiring, you know?

Forget about the small print ... just write for the joy of it Dorsi. You'll do just fine smile

3. chrisam01 profile image60
    chrisam01posted 5 years ago

I agree qirh frogdropping. I think you can let the readers interpret the work for itself. Good luck!

1. chrisam01 profile image60
      chrisam01posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree *with frogdropping.

4. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

I think that they have to be posted in the creative writing section, for the competition, not sure but when I read this that is what it looks like to me. I suppose that someone might not know it was fiction but that should give them a clue. Wishing you good luck for the contest Dorsi.