jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Adsense Page Impressions don't match HubPages stats

1. margaretjd profile image79
    margaretjdposted 8 years ago

I've been tracking my HubPages stats as compared to my Google Adsense reports, and there's definitely a discrepancy. For instance if my 24 hour total is 20 page views, Adsense says I have only 3. I've tracked the numbers over a couple weeks, so I'm sure it's not just that different time 24 hour periods are being measured. Google consistently shows only a fraction of the page views that HubPages shows.

Anybody else notice this with their hubs? Or is there something maybe I'm not doing right?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Lol, when Hubpages ads are on your page it doesn't count them in your Ad Sense account, but it does count the page views. Also, I think Hubpages counts every time an ip address goes to your page (aka refresh) and the ad sense doesn't.

3. margaretjd profile image79
    margaretjdposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the fast reply smile

Actually, I've set up channels to track my Hubpages in my Adsense reports. Today for instance, it shows a single page view for three of my hubs, though in fact I've had more than six just this morning on one of those.

4. WHoArtNow profile image86
    WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago

I've noticed a similar thing myself Margaret, today I past 1500 pageviews in Hubpages, and also 1000 Impressions on Adsense (wahoo!) From what I've read about it, its as Thranax said, Hubpages takes its cut of impressions and google sees separate IP's, so it won't give you a page impression if your looking at it for example.

I've also found out that its nothing to worry about. Just set yourself some goals and go get them!

5. johnr54 profile image70
    johnr54posted 8 years ago

First of all, daily stats are hard to track, you need to look over a week or more so time zone differences, etc. don't throw your off.

Secondly, you don't get the Adsense for 100% of your page views, it is split with Hubpages so you only get to see 60% of them in your Adsense account.