jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

worried about applying for Adsense now?

1. Cardia profile image90
    Cardiaposted 5 years ago

I'm new to Hubpages, and I have published two Hubs, and I'm working on some more. I want to apply to Google Adsense when I get to 10 hubs. However, I'm seeing so many Hubbers (and other websites too!) saying that their Adsense accounts have been shut down, and they don't know why.
    Basically, I'm worried that if I put a lot of effort into my Hubs, and I get Adsense, and for whatever reason it shuts down my account, I wouldn't be able to earn from all of my hard work!

Should I wait a little bit longer before applying?

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I can't offer you any advice, but hearing that old Adsense accounts have been closed really scares me, too!

2. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ten is the number I have oft seen mentioned on the Adsense forums.. but life is a risk.. you live it to the full when you take risk and do well.. just go ahead and do it..
      If anyone should be worried Habee with her thousands of hubs should, considering the effort she has put in.. I am only saying that since you asked  about effort.
      People from certain countries fall within the high risk group.
      Google is a gamble hope we are all winners.
      Best wishes to you.

2. joseph merlin profile image74
    joseph merlinposted 5 years ago

Yes it is a risk and you know risk in business is always. If you think that your account will be suspended / disabled then its matter of chance I think 10 out of 100 gone

Now its your luck you are in 10 or in 90's who are still safe.

I think Go ahead take the risk and risk is life.

3. TerryGl profile image60
    TerryGlposted 5 years ago

I would not worry, here is the reason why these accounts are shut down:

Google had disabled the ad serving after violations of policies. This included layouts designed in a way that can cause accidental clicks by placing ads near flash games or navigation bars, or placing ads and site links extremely close together. Google also has issues with ads being placed on non-content based pages.

This does not affect Hubpages.

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Terry! That makes me feel a lot better!