jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Online Message Abbreviations

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

Hello, folks...
       This question didn't seem quite right for the 'help' forum, so I'm hoping someone here is vastly more familiar with texting abbreviations than I am.

It's ironic, as I've even written a hub about the meanings of all the standard things, such as, "bbiab; ttyl; wth/wtf; tyvm; L8R"....etc...
      But this "comment" I received on one of my hubs has me stumped.  I even asked my grandsons, and was told "it looks like a dyslexic typo." 

Can anyone decipher this? " vcgnytmf,yg. "

Gobbledygook to me...and to the kid, and we know kids are past masters at that stuff....maybe someone thought they were being funny or cute...maybe they said something rude.  I just don't know whether or not to approve or deny, and have NO idea how to reply to a comment I can't read.  (I try to respond to all commenters.)

If I can't get it deciphered, I'll just deny/delete. Thanks for any help...

2. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Did they have a link with it? Looks like a spammer/spambot typing randomly on the keyboard. I very much doubt it has any meaning.

DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, no link.   I finally reached 2nd grandson--he had no idea, either, and he's a texting master. LOL
      Ok..I'll just deny/delete.. 

3. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 5 years ago

Very cute goats need your time, money, friendship, you go!

DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL--yeah...probably, huh!!  Reminds me of a road-trip game we'd play when I was a child--making up short phrases to go with the letters on license plates we saw.  ;-)  One that sticks with me to this day, our next-door neighbor's plate was "Many Hot Noodles."  big_smile

1. HikeGuy profile image84
        HikeGuyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I couldn't resist running it through Dogpile, even breaking it up into segments to see if anything meaningful would pop up -- but there was nothing conclusive. I think you did the right thing to just delete it.

Got a chuckle out of KCC's translation.

1. 0
          lavender3957posted 5 years ago in reply to this

It would be a good idea to delete it. If you can not make heads or tails out of it, I would say it was someone being cute or spam.