Blocking links to Hubs with Identical Keyword Phrases

1. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

I recently noticed that another hubber had produced a hub with identical keywords in his title that I use in the title of one of my old, well established pages.

There are now links to his article on my page and there are links to my article on his page through the 'related hubs' feed.

Google will penalize very similar content that is linked together. In this case the content is extremely similar. The new article could be a summary of my hub (though, I imagine this was not done intentionally).

Surely something can be done to stop this kind of interlinking. This is the kind of thing that could get you Pandalized.

1. LeanMan profile image82
      LeanManposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think the fact that you are on different sub-domains will prevent you from getting any penalties... after all you have no control over who links to you whether it is within HP as an automatic link or from someone out there in the world of blogging..
      If it was capable of causing problems then it would be used by some to devalue their competition...

1. Will Apse profile image91
        Will Apseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In theory, I should have control over who I link to. So if I am linking to very similar content that is not good.

working