jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Promotional links within hubs - sorry, can't find the answer.

1. gottaloveit profile image77
    gottaloveitposted 5 years ago

I'm so sorry to bring this up again as there's a lot of information already on the forum - I've read them all. I still don't quite "get it" when it comes to promotional links.

My hub was flagged for a violation of promotional links. I know a hub can only have 2 promotional links to ONE site but how many promotional links total may a hub have? I can't find that answer! For example, can you have 8 links (2 links to 4 different sites each) or is 8 too many?

Here's the hub in question:
    http://gottaloveit.hubpages.com/hub/Sen … iene-Items

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You have at least three links to gertiesgalavants.com (I think I got that right).  Links in photo capsules count.

To answer your question, though, the only limit is 2 per site (unlimited total), given that all your hubs don't go to the same site.  If every hub points to the same site it will be overly promotional.

gottaloveitposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Aha! I'd forgotten about those blog links. Thanks so much for noting them. I'll go fix the hub. And, thanks too for the "unlimited total" - I have articles on about every site known to man so am glad I can link in two from each site.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I noticed 3 different links to one article on your offsite blog. 2 of your Photo links Plus the article link following your hub point to the same site page.

BTW, I think your hubs are very helpful and well written. It's great to see these kind of articles on HP, and your mother looks amazing. She's fortunate to have a daughter like yourself!

gottaloveitposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for the nice comment. My mom is amazing and i've learned quite a bit taking care of her. She's my own personal treasure.