jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

links

1. C.S.Alexis profile image88
    C.S.Alexisposted 8 years ago

my linls will not work. trying to find help but not! can anyone HELP?!

1. alex09 profile image60
      alex09posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hey,

Can you explain in brief? So we can get proper idea and you will get exact solution from someone.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

We need some more information.  What kind of links?  Give us an example?

3. thranax profile image51
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

The links capsule or the links in the editor?

~thranax~

4. C.S.Alexis profile image88

When I highlight the words I want to link then the link icon brightens and the box appears for me to insert the URL. I paste in the URL and then click to the side. The box disappears and when I click for the link to highlight the word it does nothing. This is the way I have always done it and never had a problem. Any ideas?

5. C.S.Alexis profile image88

It is the link in the editor.

6. thranax profile image51
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Your not suppose to click outside the box, your suppose to hit "Insert"

~thranax~

7. C.S.Alexis profile image88

I will try that now.

8. C.S.Alexis profile image88

Not seeing an insert tab. There are some new things that did not use to be displayed. This same thing is also across the middle of my tool bar at the top of all pages. It was not there before the flood we had. I had the computer disconnected for a couple of weeks. The problem started when I reconnected everything. I am not a comp. geek. Pretty dumb about it all, really. So what do you think this new bar across the top could be? It appears to have a bunch of statistics.
    It is a green gear like symbol with SQ in the middle in orange or red?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this

When you click on the "chain" symbol to create the link, there should be two buttons near the bottom of the box that opens.  "Insert" and "Cancel". 

No idea what the strange image is - wondering if it could be a virus?

9. C.S.Alexis profile image88

Marisa Wright,
    okay, there you go. This is the first time that the card box said insert and cancel. It was saying done. Now it is working.I will try all of the latest hubs and see if they are all working, when I find TIME.
    I thank you. I do not believe that this is a virus, speaking of the other symbols. It is something in this tool bar I think. The problem is my time is so limited that I have not been able to investigate. Thank you so much for whatever made the change to this edit box on the links. Now I can go back and redo some of the last few hubs.

10. C.S.Alexis profile image88

Funny Thing! It did not take but a few min. and the symbols disappeared from the top of my pages also. Guess it has something to do with HubPages. Mysterious. BUT my links are working so that is what I care about.

working