jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

A Hub Violation with a Difference

1. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

Time after time people complain that their hubs have been withdrawn due to violations which they don't understand or accept.

Just to redress the balance...

Today I was editing hubs and came across a piece of crap I wrote about Debt Consolidation.  It had a warning on it, and I tried to make it a bit better - but my heart wasn't in it.

It was garbage, written purely to get some advertising revenue.

The moderators decided it was unfit and sent me a unpublished message.

I have deleted it.  No ifs, buts or maybes - it was rubbish, spammy and has no place among decent articles.

Glad to see the back of it to be honest.

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's a model response, Mark. You gotta know when to fold 'em.

2. KeithTax profile image81
    KeithTaxposted 5 years ago

What a refreshing voice, Mark. The sign of a good writer is knowing when to edit and when to scrape a piece of work. I've read your work and it really is high quality stuff.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

You gotta know when to hold them, know when to fold them smile

4. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

Mark- great to hear someone say that- usually its something like, I put a new perspective on it- or something

1. Mark Ewbie profile image84
      Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.  Maybe they'll encourage me to get of those couple of MLM ones I did as well.

Ten months ago it seemed that all you needed to do was pick up some keywords and sling a bit of content around them.  And that, is just what I did.

It's difficult just deleting something though - so it's a helping hand, or shove, that's needed.

I'm about 60-70% happy with most of my content now - but there is still work to do.  And of course we all learn as we write more.

5. PaulGoodman67 profile image92
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago

I have had several hubs flagged on here.  All of them were justified.