jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Nice to meet you!

1. 0
    coreymcclellandposted 5 years ago

New guy in the building named Corey McClelland. I started my very first Hub last night, and to be honest with you, I wrote it in a different format to help get my emotions out better. Everything that I write just means so much to me at the end of the day, that i end up just reading my stuff over and over. I just can't get enough of how creative I can be. I just want to show my talents to the people around me, and let them know about my stories in the past that inspired me. Please check out my Hub called "Not the Hub you expected.".

In 9th grade, I had this 70 year old math teacher that didn't seem like the hardworking guy that he seemed to be. As he was teaching, he would randomly tell a girl, "bugs are going to fall out of your hair", when she was playing with her hair. When we had to turn in homework, he would just give us an easy grades as long as we turned it in on time. He did not even bother to actually read the homework, so none of our questions about the homework could be answered. This is what you call, poor education. I later moved from Boston to California for better education and starting in 10th grade till the end of high school, I improved 2 writing/reading grade levels per year. So basically, I had a 6th grade writing/reading level in 10th grade, and college writing/reading level by the time I was out of high school.

If I can do that, I can deff improve my writing ways and create one of the best hub pages out there someday for readers to gain inspiration towards my experiences and life challenges. Advice would be much appreciated!

1. jfay2011 profile image59
      jfay2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

welcome and happy hubbing.  It's a really fun site.  I love it.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

3. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, Cory.

4. nikipa profile image21
    nikipaposted 5 years ago

Great to meet new hubbers! Enjoy! It's a lovely place!