jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Give Your Hub a Unique Web Address

1. profile image57
    be1959posted 5 years ago

I was trying to start (my first) Hub Page and came into this little snag. Below I have Copied and Pasted what they say to do in the "Create Your First Hub Page". 

Give Your Hub a Unique Web Address
    Your Hub URL will automatically fill in when you type in your Title, but you don't have to stick with it. You can change it, even if to change to all lowercase instead of Title Case. Alpha-numeric, hyphens and underscores is about all your can use (so most punctuation makes are not allowed in web addresses). If you get it wrong an error message will show asking you to change it.

I do everything that is asked,but, whenit says "Your Hub URL will automatically fill in when you type in your Title", it fills it in right under the box where you should enter a (looks like a URL) nd I did enter my URL and all it said at the top was,"Please fix these errors before continuing:
    Please do not include forward slashes in the web address for your Hub.
    ".
    Well,in a URL there are slashs and so on,so, I tried and put in some text and it came back and said,"Please use only letters, numbers, underscores and dashes in the web address for your Hub",well, it was only letters and I did take out all the spaces.

I am not wasting any more of my time on this I'll just go to another program.

No Thanks

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image71
      PaulaHenry1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

You sound easily frustrated. Your not 'Wasting' your time on this anymore? The choice is yours, but seriously, the web address should be the easiest part of the process. Good luck at another program although HubPages I feel is the easiest format to follow.

1. profile image57
        be1959posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply and concern PaulaHenry1, I guess I was just having a very bad day. I did a couple of things and now it works,but, thanks again for your reply.

2. QuestionMaster profile image88
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

You don't need to enter the http://hubpages.com because that is already there for you. You simply need to enter a simple name for it, with no spaces such as:

red-striped-hats

Or as it says, just leave it alone and it will automatically create a URL based on your hub title.

1. profile image57

Thanks for your reply QuestionMaster. I did what you said and it is now working.

Thannks again

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Don;y fill in the url field, let hubpages do it automatically

1. profile image57

Thank you for you reply and concern psycheskinner. I did what you said yesterday and today and it still didn't work this way,but, I just enetered in a few words and now it is working.

Thanks again

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

If it doesn't work that means another hub has an identical title, so you need to change a word or letter.

working