jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Would this way of using adsense be acceptable?

1. SPomposello profile image80
    SPomposelloposted 5 years ago

I'm trying to figure out whether Adsense would consider this duplicate content or not if I were to do the following...

I publish my articles on hubpages and I have a custom domain blog which I use to help promote my hubs. On that blog, what I usually do is, for each link back to my hub, I put up a new picture and write a brand new summary paragraph before I link to the rest of the article on hubpages.

Since I have adsense on my hubs, would putting adsense on my blog work as well even though its linking to the same content but the blog posts/descriptions are different? Also, my byline on hubpages and the blog are all the same (Spomposello). Or should I just leave adsense off my blog and use a different revenue service?

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, this is my blog: http://www.verybadreviews.com

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm planning to do the same sometime soon

2. Fellow Mumbaite profile image61
      Fellow Mumbaiteposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It seems to be okay, not a problem if you provide a description or summary which is totally different from your hub. Don't copy paste the same thing in your blog though! That would be my suggestion. Also you can try writing at least one or more original posts in your blog once in a while!

3. sarovai profile image62
      sarovaiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good. You can.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I think many people do this. I don't see it as a problem. Someone may come along that knows more, but I think it looks fine.

1. LindaSmith1 profile image61
      LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I do the same thing, link back to hub and articles I have on  other sites as well.

3. Daniella Lopez profile image88
    Daniella Lopezposted 5 years ago

I do the same as well and have yet to come across any issues with this method.

1. LindaSmith1 profile image61
      LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can do this within your own blog or site. Link from one page to another.

4. QuestionMaster profile image90
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Since this is exactly what sites like SheToldMe do, I doubt it would be an issue.

Duplicate content is if you copy and paste some of the original article onto your blog.

5. ngureco profile image86
    ngurecoposted 5 years ago

Yes. Its acceptable. I think you can even have a second blog with links pointing at the first blog, and the first blog with links pointing at your hubs.

6. 2uesday profile image90
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

If what you write on the blog about the HubPage article is an original summary it should work well, especially as you write a couple of paragraphs long (not copied from the hub) - if it works for you. I think avoiding duplicate content is the main thing to watch for. Also having links that are relevant to the blogs main topic. I would n't have a blog that was just links, I intersperse the links with articles on the blogs main topics.

Do n't forget that the HubPages widget can be added to a blog and this then updates as you write new hubs.

Also you can add your referral link to the  hubs URL as you post it to your blog, you might earn through the referral and if you add a different referral code for each blog, then can see which are working best for bringing traffic here. It is easy to do this using the linking feature at the foot of your hub - with the 'share this' link (I think it is called that). Hope this is useful info for you and for  newbies too.

Not sure about the income side of things as I am still building up the blogs.