jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

What to do if traffic is falling ?

1. mrsolutions profile image61
    mrsolutionsposted 5 years ago via iphone

Its been a week that i have posted a hub at the start it was doing alright but now i hardly get anything what should i do next.

1. uthurban profile image61
      uthurbanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Check on google ==== site:mrsolutions.hubpages.com === and, see if all of your hubs are indexed. If not, then rest assured there wont be any considerable traffic. If yes, then do something to make them better.

Here at Hubpages, you will see some traffic after publishing your hubs, because of fellow hubbers.... later, it all depends on you.

Don't get disheartened, you are new and traffic will come surely come to kiss you - sooner or later - keep writing informative hubs....

Good Luck....

2. ThomasE profile image82
      ThomasEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Write a lot more hubs.

Really, at this stage, you just don't have enough hubs to have decent traffic. You need more of them.

3. HikeGuy profile image85
      HikeGuyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree. It takes time, and it gets better.

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

A new hub will typically see a bunch of views from other hubbers for a few days to a week, but then decrease to near zero views until it begins to pick up organic search engine traffic.  This can take a week to several months.

Don't be discouraged and don't quit writing.  You are seeing normal traffic patterns for new hubs.

3. skyfire profile image73
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

This is normal, new hubs get love from other hubbers.  But after a while they need to find a way to get links or google ranking and bring on outside readers.

5. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Use the search bar, type in 'Generate traffic' and you will find some fantastic articles on getting traffic ideas to your hub hmm

6. brakel2 profile image88
    brakel2posted 5 years ago via iphone

A recent hub took forever to be indexed. Then it went to second page google with my   keywords. Then it had too much competition. Others get indexed quickly and get on first page Google and take off. Try not to analyze or be discouraged. Keep writing

7. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

Keep writing - as others have said, traffic falls off a few days after writing as the internal HP traffic dies down. Indexing by the search engines can take a while - some of my "older" hubs (which aren't really that old, considering I have only been here for 9 months) only see a minimal amount of traffic. Some see no traffic (particularly seasonal hubs that are currently off-season). There is also the fluctuation induced by the Google Panda algorithm, which can send traffic surging or plunging (you'll notice that effect later, once you get a more consistent traffic level).

I would try to write a good number of high quality articles in your niche - then sit back and enjoy the "wait time" to see how they play out in the search engines.

1. HikeGuy profile image85
      HikeGuyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm experimenting. I only have 15 hubs, so I'm no expert.
      So far, what I find useful:
      I post each new and updated hub on pingler.com.
      I tweet each new hub and each update.
      I add links and descriptions for each hub to my blog. Sometimes I post a link to a hub on an outside forum if it's relevant to the discussion.
      I also submit directly to Google, Bing and Yahoo. This seems to work -- I'm getting some Bing and Yahoo love.
      Although I wish the drop in traffic after each new hub wasn't so drastic, some of the hubs get steady traffic over time.
      Do your own research on some of the traffic-increasing methods you see suggested -- such as sites that promise lots of backlinks. From what I've read, some of those tactics can do more harm than good. I'm still at a small traffic level, but it's already triple what it was last month.

8. anasshad profile image82
    anasshadposted 5 years ago

In the starting a new hub gets some love from fellow hubbers but it doesn't last forever and usually traffic do become negligible. Then it starts picking up as they start getting organic traffic.
    Its normal. Write more and more and try to write on less competitive topics. You'll do well.

9. ALL4JESUS profile image85
    ALL4JESUSposted 4 years ago

Perhaps this would help: