jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Little Red Skulls

1. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 5 years ago

Woke up this morning to a bunch of little red skulls.
    HP says they are for "Links To Malware or Phishing Sites" which is kinda amazing since one, these links have been up for months and two, I just ran the little "Check for Violations Now" thing less than 24 hours ago with no violations found.
    So since I have no way of knowing which links were "bad" I removed them all just to be on the safe side.
    Now how long does it take for the little red skulls to go away?

2. leahlefler profile image97
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

Hi sabreblade,

I had this warning on one of my hubs a while back. I opened up a separate window and tested the links (one by one) and found the offending link. While it had been a good link when I first posted it, a huge "Warning - site has been reported for attack - page may harm your computer" page appeared when testing. I don't have too many outgoing links in my articles, so it wasn't too laborious to go through the article link by link. I did remove the offending link and the red skulls disappeared after I reloaded my statistics page and refreshed the screen.

1. sabrebIade profile image85
      sabrebIadeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Leah.
      That's what I wondered since I removed all the links, published, refreshed and the Red Skulls are still there.
      I may have to call Captain America!

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

First time I saw one those tongue I thought HP was trick -or-treating early hmm

4. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 5 years ago

Captain America musta heard me...the Red Skulls are gone!