jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

How many Links and Movies are Too many?

1. JRobin profile image59
    JRobinposted 9 years ago

I've spent hours and hours writing and tweaking my two hubpages and now they're both flagged because of 'Spam' or something like that. I've seen hundreds of hubpages with dozens and dozens of links than I do, and they're functioning.

What's the deal?

2. darkside profile image79
    darksideposted 9 years ago

Were all the links going to the one page/domain?

What was the subject matter?

3. JRobin profile image59
    JRobinposted 9 years ago

Four of them, yes, but it's a big page and alot of text in-between them. I think it was appropriate due to the size of the page.

Here is the link I made them to - <snip...no outside promotional links in forums />
    It's a home business specializing in wholesale travel. I posted acouple Youtube videos relating to the business as well, that's when the site was flagged. I designed it so it wouldn't conventionally be considered Spam, and I haven't been spam messaging people to look at it. It's just been coming up in the search engines.

Is there a way to contact a moderator and ask his opinion? I don't want to appear disrespectful to Hubpages.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 9 years ago

If a hub is created to promote just one website, it's considered spam.

5. JRobin profile image59
    JRobinposted 9 years ago

I adjusted the amount of links so there is only one and re-submitted it for review.

If I put acouple links for other travel site, would that help?

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I would think that reducing the links to just one would definitely make it spam, according to HubPages definition.  All my hubs have links to lots of different sites.

6. darkside profile image79
    darksideposted 9 years ago

I'm only speculating here... but if the content you have on your page is identical or similar to the linked page it may be viewed as merely republishing a sales pitch, and not seen as unique.

7. JRobin profile image59
    JRobinposted 9 years ago

The content of the Hubpage and my link were completely different.

working