jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

New Hubber

1. KByrne profile image60
    KByrneposted 8 years ago

Hi, I am completely lost! I can WRITE my Hubs but I don't understand the techie terms and I haven't a clue how to sign up to the affiliates. How does all this stuff actually work? Also, there's a TON of fields to fill in on the eBay thing and it's overwhelming....

1. Jerrico Usher profile image61
      Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago in reply to this

if your still lost in a month KB I'm building a site for people to get unlost.. unfortunately its not up yet so hopefully these good people can help you out here smile they got me on my feet a year ago, just don't take their criticisms as anything but constructive criticism and fun joshing, they are a lively bunch and there all about having a great time! (but as writers were all a bit synical right?)

Jerrico

2. Whitney05 profile image62
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Check out the sticky and the help tab. that should help you.

Welcome to HP.

KByrneposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Tried that Whitney thanks, it's the techie terms that get me and they use 'em in the help section too!!!

1. Jerrico Usher profile image61
        Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I need to know all the techie terms that confuse you, one page on my site will be all about decoding these terms (like hubs, capsules, seo, backlinks, etc..) think I'll start a thread to aquire hubers help so I don't miss any)

3. Lady Guinevere profile image62
    Lady Guinevereposted 8 years ago

Here you go:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Publish-a-Hub

I wrote it for a friend who knew nothing of hubs or computers.

KByrneposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Great, thanks! I only started my account yesterday and published two sample articles I had ready. But the rest? Grrrrrr! Ha ha.

1. sceptic profile image61
        scepticposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Just stick with it, it will get easier as you go!

4. Earl S. Wynn profile image85
    Earl S. Wynnposted 8 years ago

Welcome to hubpages!

5. KByrne profile image60
    KByrneposted 8 years ago

I guess what I'm asking is how do you know if you're registered correctly with each affiliate. A couple of my affiliates have 'active' in the right hand margin but yet another is asking me if I have inserted the correct code. How do you know if your details are listed correctly? And can you lose revenue if you have published Hubs that are attracting traffic but haven't finalised the affiliate stuff?

working