jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

Do you like to picnic (southern expression for outdoor dining) ?

1. Beth Godwin profile image86
    Beth Godwinposted 5 years ago

I love to spread a blanket at a beautiful outdoor location and unpack a loaded picnic basket. Where do you enjoy outdoor dining and what food and drink do you  pack?.

1. aka-dj profile image78
      aka-djposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Near the beach.

Beth Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The beach is good! smile

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
        Eaglekiwiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Psst Dj, why ya upside down..aussie thing?

2. hoodieweather profile image60
    hoodieweatherposted 5 years ago

I am very fortunate to have the beach near me as well as many beautiful parks. I love picnics and barbeques. When my group of friends do things like this, we tend to bring a lot of "kiddy food" such as peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, various juice boxes/bags, snack pack chips, and candy. It's an amazing time.

1. NotPC profile image60
      NotPCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I also enjoy picnic's on the beach. It is so relaxing to hike down to the water and enjoy the more secluded parts of the beach. The waves are so soothing when I'm lounging in the sand.

3. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Good to see you on the forums, Bethie! My favorite place to picnic is on the pier at Amelia by the Sea...but you prolly already knew that!! lol

Hi Holle, Yep, the pier is a good place.  Especially in the evenings when the socializing begins.  LOL   I remember we use to picnic all the time when we were kids. Remember TANG?

2. Beth Godwin profile image86

I guess my favorite place to picnic would have to be Cades Cove near Gatlinburg TN.  We get on a rock in the middle of the river and spread out a blanket.  Usually go by KFC and carry some adult beverges. It's so wonderful with all the autumn beauty and running water.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

yes at the woods or park with benches or under the tree with hills, anywhere vacant lot where children can just run around and you enjoy sitting on the grass, benches looking at the beautiful nature. It is a pity I am so thin, I get cold and can't do that now - fall season

Does it get cold where you live in the fall?  Great weather here down south.  The fall is mid to high 70's temp. Pleasant compared to the heat of summer.

5. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 5 years ago

Just show me green grass ,a river or sea nearby and its picnic time!

I was born beside the Pacific Ocean ,rain forest one side and rolling ocean the other (in fact my dad used to say this is our shopping centre)...lol needless to say many fish frys were had on a blanket as the sun set.

Sounds like a really beautiful place.  I love the ocean. Read about the great white killing that guy from Texas.  Are there alot of Great Whites in your area?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
        Eaglekiwiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Think that was off the coast of Western Australia.
        Sharks like warmer water (generally)..

Not to say they are not where I grew up,but I never saw any.

My brothers mind you hated dragging nets at midnight for flounder lol

(they fished by the moon) wink Indigenous thing

The Great Whites are usually on the Pacific side (California) in the U.S.  We live near the Atlantic Ocean and the Florida Gulf ( a few hours away, either way).  Plenty of sharks, but nothing of the Great White variety.  Hammer heads, Tiger, and Nurse sharks mostly.  But, they can get pretty big.  Daytona Beach use to get several shark attacks a year.  I don't swim in water I can't see whats under me these days.  LOL  I wouldn't be dragging nets at night so I can under stand why they might feel that way.  Even for Flounder ( my favorite fish). smile

working