jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Germ Search!

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

"A team of hygienists swabbed hundreds of surfaces around six U.S. cities to see what everyday objects are breeding grounds for the worst bacteria and viruses.

The top offenders, following gas pumps, were handles on public mailboxes, escalator rails and ATM buttons.

Closely following on the filthiest list were parking meters and kiosks, crosswalk buttons and buttons on vending machines in shopping malls."

http://news.yahoo.com/gas-pump-handles- … 16533.html

Ok, name a place where there are lots of germs. Don't get yourself banned... smile

1. Greek One profile image80
      Greek Oneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My ex girlfriend's nether regions were cataloged by the Center for Disease Control

1. KeithTax profile image79
        KeithTaxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Well, they did find new germs in belly buttons tongue hmm lol

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Toilet handles

3. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 5 years ago

Computer keyboards!  I'd say we're all doomed.

Steering wheel. If gas pumps are full of germs, then it follows steering wheels will be too.

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

The below-described experience happened years ago, but I still bet it is the subconscious reason that I posted this op.

You know that little, raised, small counter at the checkout lines at supermarkets, drugstores, etc.? I had personally witnessed a customer piling a bunch of snot rags on there. I actually stepped out of line; complained about it; set my intended purchase aside; and walked out. The customer that had done this was freaking out as I walked out.

And those snot rags were piled on there for the cashier, other employees, and the half-dozen other customers still standing in line to see. To this day I wonder what happened after I left. big_smile

5. GmaGoldie profile image88
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

I get grossed out when I go for coffee and the staff members are placing their bare fingers on the lip of the cup where my mouth will go.

I don't understand why we are not more considerate in the food industry.

We need better awareness.

We have gotten better at sneezing into our sleeve rather than our hands but much more needs to be done.

I vote for the return of fashionable gloves!

6. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 5 years ago

When I was teaching lit, a friend of mine was teaching biology at the same high school. As a class project, they collected germs from numerous surfaces. Guess where they found the most? On the water fountains! There were more there than in the toilets.

7. recommend1 profile image72
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

You should get Chinese habits.  Generally for Chinese  prevention is a habit.  My missus goes loopy if I touch any handrail or pretty much any surface that others touch when we are out - then goes double loopy if I touch my face with my hands !  First thing we do when getting back to the house, before touching anything, is to wash hands.  Outdoor shoes never touch our floors as we change to slippers at the door, and this is the same in any Chinese house.  After a few years here I have all their habits in this regard.