jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

1. HairByHoneyBee profile image60
    HairByHoneyBeeposted 5 years ago

I have been working on my hub for a few days and I didn't think it would be this hard.  I have looked at several hubbers examples and I'm sure about this.  Can someone give me some inside on this.

1. ktrapp profile image92
      ktrappposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why don't you keep your first one relatively simple? Use a few different text capsules so you can add a few subheadings to break it up. And then maybe include one image.

Then when you publish it, you will get feedback. If you want honest feedback and a critique on things you need to improve etc. then ask in the forum. Otherwise, people are polite and don't make it their job to give advice in the comments of the hub (and they shouldn't).

In short, just get your first one published. Ask for feedback in the forums if you feel you need to. And then edit the hub. It gets easier as you go along, especially if you write about what you know. Good luck.

1. Cagsil profile image84
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ask in the forum?

Correction: Post a link to your hub in the Extreme Hub Makeover Forum thread and ask for advice. Do not post randomly in the forums.

1. ktrapp profile image92
          ktrappposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oops sorry - I left out the words extreme hub makeover.

2. JenJen0703 profile image88
      JenJen0703posted 5 years ago in reply to this

When I first joined HP, I was confused too.  I spent time reading hubs in the Learning Center.  Also, check the Help option.  Everything you need to know is posted in those sections.  Don't get discouraged, Rome wasn't built in a day.  It will take time to build up your hubs, but you will meet awesome people in the process.

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

However, I don't think anyone can help you until you specify what problem you are having? hmm

On a side note- read the FAQ's page and visit the Learning Center.

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ditto to Cag's post.  Including the welcome!  smile

3. Gordon Hamilton profile image98
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago

Hi and welcome to Hub Pages.

Yes, previous advice is absolutely sound and go for the relevant section in the forums.

You can scour the Internet and pull your hair out until you have none left (ever seen me without the cap? lol) but at the end of the day there is only one way to be successful writing online. Write what you know, how you know to write it, throw yourself on the mercy of your public at large and see how they take to you.

It can be daunting and you may at times need a hide the thickness of an elephant's - but go for it! If you don't try, you can never succeed...

Good luck and I hope to read your work very soon! smile

4. anasshad profile image81
    anasshadposted 5 years ago

You can also go to the Hubpages learning center. You will find loads of helpful material there.

5. mrsolutions profile image61
    mrsolutionsposted 5 years ago

i am also new to hubpages and the best thing is that the moment you post a question you will start getting answers to your problems and everyone is always available to help i love this and i am getting into this..

6. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

It is difficult to help since you did not specify the problem that you are having.
    Is it writing the hub, or getting it posted.