More Improvements to HP Earnings Rolling Out

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 59 discussions (184 posts)
  1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 12 years ago

Last week I signed an agreement with Google to help all Hubbers get access to more demand (Advertisers) and to sell on our behalf the new IAB rising star units that have proven to be great brand vehicles for digital advertisers and generally bring significantly higher CPMs.

We are starting to test on the arts section of HubPages the standard ad units and will begin testing the 300X600 rising star unit once it's available in the next few days. 

This is a significant piece of the puzzle to bringing all Hubbers monetization capabilities at the same level as other premium publishers.

The last few months we have made significant progress in overall monetization and we are now realizing the fruits of having one of the largest world class communities on the Internet.  The ability to close these deals for the benefit of all Hubbers is a testament to all of you!

Thank you for being part of HubPages.

1. puter_dr profile image92
      puter_drposted 12 years agoin reply to this

thank you!

1. lobobrandon profile image87
        lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow!! This is truly awesome, so looking forward to it spreading to all niches. I just can't wait

1. sarovai profile image72
          sarovaiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank u mr.Paul.

2. incomeguru profile image95
          incomeguruposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your effort for the betterment of all.

3. 2besure profile image79
          2besureposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I really appreciate the fact that you are always working hard to improve HubPages!  Great job!

4. profile image0
          SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Paul for working to make things better for the writers here.

5. cmontijo profile image62
          cmontijoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow that's awesome thanks a lot. HubPages all the way! Nice job!

6. profile image0
          BRIAN SLATERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thankyou Paul, sounds good.

7. doodlebugs profile image91
          doodlebugsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sounds great. Thanks for striving to make Hubpages an even better place to write.

I saw this release on Marketwire about it. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hubpag … 2011-10-12

8. World-Traveler profile image61
          World-Travelerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great ideas.  Thank to you all.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5523902_f248.jpg

9. Sinea Pies profile image62
          Sinea Piesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Paul, this is one of the many reasons that I LOVE HubPages. You are looking out for us. Thank you so much.

10. molometer profile image79
          molometerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cool Paul well done.

11. the clean life profile image70
          the clean lifeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Paul and all of the HubPages Team, Thanks so very much for working as hard as you do to make Hubpages the best writing platform and for looking out for all of us writers.  You guys are great!!!

12. Nexusx2 profile image59
          Nexusx2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thats so cool. I thought that HP was at the bottom of the list when it came to Serp listing. Hopefully they will see that we have great content.

13. beindustrial profile image65
          beindustrialposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Looking forwards for this development. I do agree those topics really can keep the hubbers' earnings rolling

14. BillyGCurrey profile image58
          BillyGCurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

thank you very much

15. feny profile image41
          fenyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm interested in the improvment!very thanks.

16. profile image49
          homefellas87posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you dear.......

17. creativelycc profile image62
          creativelyccposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much!

So how are they working out on the Art section big_smile?

2. Blake Flannery profile image91
        Blake Flanneryposted 12 years ago

Paul,
        I had never heard of the IAB rising star units.  I did a quick search and found out that they pretty engaging and interactive.  I might be tempted to click on one of these even though I know they are ads.

3. Nell Rose profile image90
        Nell Roseposted 12 years ago

Thanks for all your hard work on it, much appreciated!

4. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 12 years ago

Sounds good to me, Paul.  Even though I don't think I've got one hub in the arts section, I still like the idea.

Way to go, HP!

5. AliciaC profile image94
        AliciaCposted 12 years ago

Thank you so much for all the ad improvements, Paul! I appreciate your hard work very much.

6. HikeGuy profile image70
        HikeGuyposted 12 years ago

Thanks for the good news and your ongoing work to make this an evolving and valuable publishing opportunity.

7. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
        LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

Hurrayyyyyy for HubPages!!! Thanks Mr. Edmondson.......big_smile

1. Shil1978 profile image87
          Shil1978posted 12 years ago

Thank you, Paul and the HP Team, for all your hard work in getting hubbers the absolute best available. The HP Ad Program has worked fabulously well for me and am sure improvements such as these would further help improve the revenue potential for all hubbers! Thanks again, Paul smile

2. cosmicdust profile image58
          cosmicdustposted 12 years ago

Thanks for this new feature. I will go check it out.

3. MPG Narratives profile image60
          MPG Narrativesposted 12 years ago

So good to see all the hard work you're doing paying off, Thanks to all the hard working HP staff. smile

4. habee profile image92
          habeeposted 12 years ago

Okay, dumb question here. Will these be HPads or Adsense ads?

1. cardelean profile image86
            cardeleanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not dumb, good question.

2. lobobrandon profile image87

I would like to know the same thing as well. You can't call it dumb :-)

3. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
            Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Unless Paul E corrects me if I am wrong, these will look to be some significant branded ads (large consumer brands) coming on board, these ads will be part of the HPAds market.

I just hope so, but the ads should be directed to our content or atleast something everyone's interested in. Because if hub pages begins it from scratch it may take time to gather advertisers in all niches. But I'm with HP on that.
              Paul please do correct us if we're wrong :-) If we are, then sorry about making assumptions

4. Jason Menayan profile image60
            Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They're AdSense ads served through the HubPages Earnings Program (the Ad Program). We have no way to negotiate these sorts of things with your individual AdSense accounts.

Keep in mind we earn 40% of your Hub impressions' revenue regardless of whether you use AdSense only or the Ad Program and AdSense together. Naturally, we have the same goal of maximizing the earnings from your Hub traffic.

EDIT: Just a minor correction: These ads are Google ads, but they're served up through a separate program from AdSense.

1. frogdropping profile image78
              frogdroppingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ok Jason, thanks for that.

Any decisions on where they're going to be displayed. I don't actually know what kind of ads they are to be honest.

You know, I have a few questions.

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
                Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You can read more about the IAB Rising Stars here:
                http://www.iab.net/risingstars

As Paul mentioned in the OP, we'll be testing one of them - the 300x600 Filmstrip - in the Arts section to start.

Please do keep us informed as to how they function there because I for one have none of my hubs in the arts section and for sure its the last place i can write.

2. Clever Katie profile image60
              Clever Katieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jason, maybe you could answer my question. Sorry if it has been asked before. I researched other threads but haven't found the answer about the $50 minimum payout. If a person has 2 identities on HP, but both are tied to the same paypal account, do we need to earn $50 on each identity for payout, or are the amounts combined?

I guess you need to accumulate $50 in each. But I'd let Jason answer it. Because acc to me its an automated process and as soon as you reach the $50 in the next cycle its released.

1. Clever Katie profile image60
                  Clever Katieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, your answer makes sense. I guess I need to start writing more frequently.

Same here, but time is the problem have university and assignments, exams etc.

2. waynet profile image68
                  waynetposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes it is $50 in each account for it to be paid!

Thanks for the confirmation waynet

5. ubanichijioke profile image75
          ubanichijiokeposted 12 years ago

Great work Paul, we appreciate.

6. frogdropping profile image78
          frogdroppingposted 12 years ago

"Last week I signed an agreement with Google" - is that Adwords or Adsense? I worry a bit (now) about Adsense because the Hpads cannibalise the Adsense by a long mile. That's good for the Hpad coffers but Adwords placement is now PPP. Enough that I keep getting messages explaining how to better improve the placement of ads around my hubs.

And as Habee put forth, whose ads will they be?

Thanks.

1. habee profile image92
            habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great, guys! Now I don't feel so dumb!

2. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1

1. theherbivorehippi profile image65
              theherbivorehippiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+2 Same question....although I feel as though I probably already know the answer.

7. hassam profile image73
          hassamposted 12 years ago

Great! And I don't have an Adsense account when it is time to reap the fruits.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
            Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How are you earning money here then, Hassam?

1. Aficionada profile image80
              Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Adsense cancelled his account last week with no explanation.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/85195#post1827419

2. hassam profile image73
              hassamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't earn anymore now, the reason is given by Aficionada

1. Jerrico Usher profile image56
                Jerrico Usherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

what you could do is have your girlfriend or wife or a trusted friend sign up for an adsense account or even start a corporation (that you don't have to do anything with really, just for the sudo name to use) and get your adsense account going that way. Then you'd have to have your wife/girlfriend/friend you trust (that last one is iffy as money and trust are hard even with friends, maybe family? mom/dad). Then what you do is unpublish all your content and republish it after about a month of waiting to be sure it's gone from Google or HP indexes, and rebuild that way. That's what I'd do...

1. hassam profile image73

Right now I am waiting for the reply form the appeal I made, if it doesn't work then I think I can open a Business account with the same name. I can get my brother to open a new account on my behalf too, as he lives in different country. But the issue is about all the content I have published here. It is now on my own sub-domain, and If I link the new account with this sub-domain, chances are that the new account might get banned, too, I am not sure about this. It would be really difficult to revamp everything, I wouldn't want to loose my ranking on Google, all the traffic I get now will be all gone.

I don't know if Hubpages would ever remove the requirement of Adsense account to allow us to earn through HP ads. It would be a lot easier for me and many of us who are left with nothing if they loose their Adsense.

1. wilderness profile image95
                    wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't think they can.  I certainly don't know the details and don't really understand what little they have let out, but somehow the HPads program in intertwined with adsense; advertisers "compete" to get their ads placed in open spots or something.

The result is that adsense is a major player in HPads - without it the program just doesn't work.  At least that's the impression I got when they started it back in February.

HP ads run independently of the Adsense Ads I think, as Adsense ads are on different spots where as HP ads have their own spots. I am not sure too about what you are saying, but I think advertisers compete for ad spot only for a particular ad program, not the complete page.

What ever the case, the thing is now all the revenue streams; Amazon,ebay, Adsense are linked with HP ads which doesn't work without Adsense, so there is no other way, a Hubber could earn here if he looses his Adsense account.

I don't believe that is true.  There is a difference between HPads and the HP earning program. 

You must have adsense to use HPads but as far as I've seen you do not need adsense to use the HP earning program.  You may use the program without enabling HPads and it is only there that adsense is required.

Could be wrong there, though...

2. Glenn Stok profile image97
                        Glenn Stokposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is true that you need Adsense to have HP ads in the HP Earnings program. The reason for this is that Google does not want HP to pay money for ads to Hubbers who were dropped from AdSense for Terms of service violations. eBay also requires AdSense acceptance, possibly for a similar reason. 

However, when Amazon is added to the HP Earnings program in a couple of weeks, you will not need to be accepted for AdSense in order to apply for Amazon within the HP Earnings program. At least that is how it presently is stated. Who knows, rules can change. Source of this info is from Marina Lazarevic's post.

Glenn, Hubpages still runs Adsense ads on Hubs even if anyone's Adsense account is disabled. How can Google allow them to run Ads when it denied the publisher?

I have currently disabled any ads on my Hubs and made them non-commercial, according which there should be NO ads on my Hubs, but Hubpages is still showing a 300x250 ad on my Hubs, below the tags and it is an Adsense ad.

So may be Google, like you said doesn't allow them to pay publishers through HP ads if they are denied but allows HP to earn from their articles!

Yes, I think may be after this year they will allow Hubbers to use Amazon separately of their earning program.

2. Jerrico Usher profile image56

You wouldn't of course use your account here, you'd have to have them (or your business) create a new one then use your new adsense or proxy account there- there's no way around that as far as adsense is concerned, you'd have to transpose all your hubs to the new account and basically start over as if you sold your assets to a new publisher.

For me that is a very scary thing to do! smile

I'm like that lion king kid, danger, I laugh in the face of danger (rowww rrrrrr rrrrowwwww) smile you could also move all your content to another site like infobarrel

Lol, that is good example. Every one has to face dangers in life, if I can't earn online now, I have to supplement that income by doing something offline, for the time being. Things never remain the same in life. I can't leave my online life however, I am in love with it . Yes, Infobarrel looks promising, I have some articles there, also a Chitika account, but to be honest I don't want to leave Hubapges either! smile I have to plan something that works out for me good this time!

8. Cardisa profile image87
          Cardisaposted 12 years ago

I am so proud to be a HP family member right now!

I'm still in my infancy here at HP but it feels great.

9. leahlefler profile image95
          leahleflerposted 12 years ago

I'm excited to see the new ads - I have a few hubs in the arts category, so I'll be keeping an eye out for them as the roll out occurs.

10. frogdropping profile image78
          frogdroppingposted 12 years ago

Ok ta. Rather artistic IMO. Not sure about how they convert but they are super stylish. I'm talking about the film strip.

11. rebekahELLE profile image85
          rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

Great news! Thank you! Have any appeared yet? [I haven't checked my hubs yet.]

I do notice some new ads on some of my hubs. They look enticing! Are these the new ads?

12. Just Ask Susan profile image90
          Just Ask Susanposted 12 years ago

Thank you HubPages!! You are the best!

13. Mekenzie profile image77
          Mekenzieposted 12 years ago

My numbers have been going up ... I thank you Hub Pages Staff for continually and diligently looking out for us.  You are the BEST!

14. HrtsMakeFamilies profile image61
          HrtsMakeFamiliesposted 12 years ago

This sounds great to me.   I noticed that my numbers are going up.  Giving me more incentive to write more.

15. cardelean profile image86
          cardeleanposted 12 years ago

Thanks for working so hard to make this site more profitable for all of us.  I appreciate all of the hard work!

16. Night Magic profile image61
          Night Magicposted 12 years ago

Thanks for all the hard work you've been doing for us, Paul.

17. AEvans profile image70
          AEvansposted 12 years ago

Another great accomplishment! I believe I will be around until I am 100 years old. lolo! Great job! big_smile

18. profile image0
          SmartyPensposted 12 years ago

I love the HP Ad Program and referral system. Thanks for that and the evolving improvements:

19. Alexander Mark profile image81
          Alexander Markposted 12 years ago

I don't really keep up on the hows and whys of how earnings are changing, but I have noticed a significant percentage increase over the last few months. It is clear you have been working hard and continue to do so and I thank you. I am feeling more and more that this is a place I want to contribute more of my work to.

20. Charles James profile image66
          Charles Jamesposted 12 years ago

My earnings have gone up from less than a dollar a month to $4.32 (so far) for October. That is on 80 hubs of which only 3 are significant producers.

If I would like $4,000 a month income then I need 80,000 hubs. Or I need to study Habee's hubs to see how she attracts so much more per hub than I do - then I will still have to write many more hubs. But now I am much more motivated.

1. habee profile image92

Thanks for that, Charles. I'll share my secrets with you:

1. get a Great Dane to hang its big ole head over your shoulder as you type
            2. drink lots of coffee
            3. smoke
            4. sleep for only four hours a night
            5. pray...a lot (If you don't pray, sacrifice a chicken once a week, but do so humanely. Fry the chicken in peanut oil afterwards. Eat the chicken.)

1. Charles James profile image66
              Charles Jamesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Habee

I have a Heinz 57 medium size dog but he is not allowed upstairs.
              I will have to start writing downstairs.

Thanks!

2. Alexander Mark profile image81
              Alexander Markposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the great laugh Habee - I love the Dane and the chicken. I can't have pets in my apartment so I will have to go find a chicken to massacre.

I'm not much on mass murder, but if you will properly sacrifice two chickens (on a stone altar, I presume, and with a pentagram?) and pluck them I can cook 'em!  A community effort?

1. habee profile image92

Wildman, since youins ain't from the South, you better let me fry them thar chickens!! Ima thankin' weez gonna need a heap more'n two!

lol  Well, with some 200,000 hubbers, we will probably need about 199,999 of them.  Weekly. 

Alexander can wring necks and pluck, I'll make a fire, and you can cook.  I figure I need about 3 good sized oak trees each week, so better get the axe sharpened up.  Or are you one of the new "Southern Belles" that wants (God forbid) propane?

I'll have you know, though, that while I'm back in Gods country (NW) I spent 22 years in the homeland of the south, just a few miles from the capital.  Ah can cook a chick'n.  Y'all ain't the only ones that c'n perform that thar delicate task.

1. Alexander Mark profile image81

Can I make the fire and you pluck instead? Although I have to admit that wringing necks sounds like fun.

2. habee profile image92

The capital - you mean DC? That ain't part of the South! I'm talkin' DEEP South - Georgia, SC, AL, Miss, LA, and North Florida. Glad you learned to cook down here, though. lol

The NW ain't God's country - the South is. We have more Bibles than frying pans. lol

DC?  That h*** hole?  What's wrong, with you, gal?

Richmond.  The REAL capital.  Richmond Va. 

Put a few mountains down in Ga. to showcase God's beauty and majesty, get rid of the gators and you might give the NW a run for their money.  You'd still lose, but at least it would be a contest.  And no, that molehill called Stone Mountain doesn't count.  Nor do the foothills called the Appalachian (giggle) mountains.

1. habee profile image92

Have you read my hub about the Appalachians? They were once the tallest mts on the planet! Hey, and our beaches are awesome, especially on the Gulf - clear turquoise water, snow-white sand, and calm surf. And best of all, we rarely get snow and ice!

2. Alexander Mark profile image81

LOL, no I'm a Christian, we'll have to with a simple stone altar and a lot of prayer. Make sure the chicken is first-born though. Oy, I hope someone doesn't interpret this as blasphemy and making light of my own religion!

1. habee profile image92

I learned a long time ago...God hath a sense of humor! I even wrote a hub about it.

Oh, sorry we got off topic for a little fun. I do appreciate and look forward to these new ads!

So do I, Habee, but I don't have any Art hubs!  Guess I'll just have to wait and hope they go everywhere.

What I really want, though, are those ugly Drano ads back - I've lost half my CPM since they went away.

you could make 4k with 800 hubs actually- but it's more of a guessing game- if you had 40 hubs that took off like one of mine did, you could do it with 40 but likely to get that internal HP traffic you'd need the 800 anyway with 40 that earn... who knows, but that's where I think it would be...

21. prektjr.dc profile image74
          prektjr.dcposted 12 years ago

The income is climbing - I am not the strongest in backlinking, etc., but they are climbing, so...
                     Thank you!  So nice to have the extra advantages you have been
                     working so hard to get for us!

1. ripplemaker profile image77
            ripplemakerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is so true! Me too.

yea mine too I went from making about 3.00 a day to a consistent 10 (min the last month) to 16.00 (max so far during the last month)... actually from the 16th on... whatever they are doing it's working! I don't have any eBay/Amazon capsules up so that's even lower than I could have/will make. Having to create these capsules on 434 hubs is a daunting task.

22. Beyond366 profile image61
          Beyond366posted 12 years ago

I just started hitting some cents.
          Thanks tongue

23. suziecat7 profile image78
          suziecat7posted 12 years ago

Thank you!!

24. Peggy W profile image95
          Peggy Wposted 12 years ago

Appreciate all of your efforts!  smile)

25. courtlneygdtm profile image71
          courtlneygdtmposted 12 years ago

Thank you for your work in helping hubbers to earn more money!  I want you to know this is very much appreciated!

--courtlneygdtm

1. carol3san profile image61
            carol3sanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is all wonderful news.  Thank you for your work here on hubpages.

26. Pcunix profile image90
          Pcunixposted 12 years ago

Sheesh.. 

I wish I could just shut down my website and move all the pages here - I'm making far better CPM here now and this move can only make it better!

Actually Pcunix- That's EXACTLY what I've been doing with great success. What you do is convert your sites into hubs (each page on your site becomes a single hub) then linking them together with the first one creating a navigation links box (text box with links and a second box you turn blue to set them up side by side).

My average site is 10-20 pages so that means 10-20 hubs. You may have to tweak the content a bit but I find I add more to it instead of removing it and adding images and all that lovely formatting makes my sites pages look 100% better than it did as a stand alone site.

I had one site on house siding 13 pages, a site on acne 16 pages, smart drugs 12 pages, and so on. They've since become series I set up. The trick is your hubs can't be incomplete in needing other pages to complete them- but my sites always were set up so each page is both a part of the whole (supporting topics) and stand alone informative.

I moved a completely dead site "ink jet printer cartridges" it's a 3 year old site that made a grand whopping total of 1.00 in 3 years. I moved it here as a series (12 pages/hubs I think) and the first day it made me 12.00.

I did this move specifically due to the bi-polar nature of adsense and the better earnings I make here WITHOUT paying to promote or having to promote at all, and I also don't have to keep the domains up to date- although a few I keep due to their great keywords and just forward them all to the first hub in the "series". With this I can promote the domain (not the hub) if I want to try to surge traffic to it and keep the domain valuable if I decide to move it all back (or just rewrite it later) or want to sell the domain with rewritten content (after seasoning it).

Bottom line- don't wish- do it, do it, do it

27. tirelesstraveler profile image60
          tirelesstravelerposted 12 years ago

Paul-Grateful for all your work to make Hub Pages such a great place. Thank you!

28. ripplemaker profile image77
          ripplemakerposted 12 years ago

To the Hubpages team, thank you, thank you and thank you! Blessings always. smile

1. Sinea Pies profile image62

Ditto that!

29. Kewl profile image62
          Kewlposted 12 years ago

Wow, awesome update.. Thanks HubPages smile

30. Glenn Stok profile image97
          Glenn Stokposted 12 years ago

HubPages is getting better and better all the time. smile

1. Sinea Pies profile image62

I totally agree!

31. Charles James profile image66

Some of us had worries about HP finances and longterm viability.

If my income has gone up 400%+ I hope this means that HP is doing equally well and has a long term future. HP is a valuable resource for  all of us.

Charles wow 400% that's awesome. I was wondering do you just write hubs and forget about it or do u try to get back links and promote your hubs

32. cherylone profile image89
          cheryloneposted 12 years ago

Can't wait for this to happen, but I'm still trying to figure out the old stuff so I might not get full benefit right away, Oh well, I'm learning fast.

33. Charles James profile image66

I earned 74c in May and $5.01 so far in October (October 30th). Virtually no new hubs in this period in this identity. None that I wrote in this timew are doing anything much.

I took advantage of the subdomain switch as soon as it was offered. I have written summaries for about half my hubs and am gradually working through them. There is nothing I have done that accounts for this dramatic rise in income.

I do what I think of as cross linking where my Education hubs are generally linked, and Law hubs are generally linked. I also write as About The Law and linked across between the two identities to my Charles James Law hubs but given how few people have even looked at my About The Law hubs that would not account for it either.

The Subdomain switch and whatever else HP have done must be the main driver. Well done HP.

Oh I thought some big $'s lol. But that's a good start. I'm at $0.96 through HP ads now. I guess thats good??

1. Charles James profile image66
              Charles Jamesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

With 12 hubs and 96c your earning rate per hub is higher than mine. And you have only been on HP for 5 weeks.
              You are definitely a star.
              Keep it up.

Wow thanks for the encouragement smile
                Basically just one hub earned me all that and its traffic fell to 0 past 2 days but its still rank 6 on search..
                Too bad I've got a high rank on a keyword with just 960 views a month sad

34. Pcunix profile image90
          Pcunixposted 12 years ago

I forget when I switched to HP ads, but until the subdomain switch, none of it mattered - Adsense or HP, neither was making enough money to notice at all - pennies a day.

That started changing after the subdomains were enabled.  While still not much money, I've already had $80 paid to me and this month through today is over $40 - so it is climbing.

As Panda apparently killed my site almost dead (it seems that a major problem is that I lost a lot of important links from places like Wikipedia and others cleaning up old stuff - I didn't lose them all, but I lost a lot), I'm happy to see an opportunity and have set my resolve to keep publishing here.

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
            Glenn Stokposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just want to say that I totally agree. Panda cut my traffic and income in half. But after the subdomain split up, I am doing better than ever and motivated to keep writing on HP too, rather than on another site I've been testing.

1. Pcunix profile image90
              Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wish mine was just cut in half.  It dropped to $200 a month and in October it dropped to just barely enough that I'll get a payout.   If it drops much more I'll have to shut it down as the operating costs will not make it worthwhile.   What a shame..

I have spent more time in Analytics over the last six-plus months than anywhere else and the major clue seems to be loss of some big links..  which is not anything I can "fix" as every one was truly organic and unsolicited.

DITTO! (same here!)

35. Glamorously Jacob profile image59
          Glamorously Jacobposted 12 years ago

This is awesome!

It surely is

36. RedElf profile image89
          RedElfposted 12 years ago

page views and revenues both trending up - thanks HP!
          cool

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
            Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Same with mine and much more than I expected. It's incredible. Thanks HubPages Team!

37. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
          Phyllis Doyleposted 12 years ago

Thank you, Paul, for working so hard to benefit all of us.

38. Paradise7 profile image69
          Paradise7posted 12 years ago

Sounds like very good news to me.  We could all use more money, right?

39. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
          Mikel G Robertsposted 12 years ago

Nice. I could sure use the cash flow.

40. tirelesstraveler profile image60
          tirelesstravelerposted 12 years ago

My views are up significantly.  Yahoo

41. profile image0
          writeronlineposted 12 years ago

Thanks Paul, and all at HP.

I love to write. But even more, I love to earn from what I write.

Keep these revenue opportunities coming, and one day, far into the future, when all the planets align, our God Google is content running the world, and Hub Pages is its favourite child, I might be able to change 'love' to 'live'.

Then I'll be content with my world as well.

Cheers

42. Jenna Pope profile image60
          Jenna Popeposted 12 years ago

Sounds great. HubPages is a great community!

43. Karanda profile image79
          Karandaposted 12 years ago

Oh my goodness, this sounds very promising. Fingers and toes crossed. Thanks Paul.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
        Necessary
        HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
        LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
        Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
        AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
        Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
        CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
        Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
        Features
        Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
        Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
        Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
        Marketing
        Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
        Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
        Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
        Statistics
        Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
        ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
        ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)