What makes you most embarrassed?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 56 discussions (214 posts)
  1. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

I'm sorry but I have to confess when I fall on the street I pretend or act like it never happened because I am so embarrassed.

On the flip side, and I cannot control this, when I see someone else fall on the street, I can't for the life of me, stop laughing

lol

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Same here. When I fall on the street I "tut" at the pavement, as if that is at fault, then scurry off all red faced like it happened to someone else.

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

However, falling in the street is small fry compared to some of my other embarrassing moments. When I was about 19 I was trying to catch the attention of a boy I liked at a party. He was in the kitchen. I used the excuse of needing to get a light for my cigarette of the cooker. I had very long curly hair at the time. I lent over the hob to light my cigarette, the flames caught my hair and the hairspray helped ignite the flames even further. He had to throw water on my head to put the fire out. I lost my eyelashes and eyebrows, too. This was not an attractive look. lol

1. profile image0

OMG HOLLIE I LOVE YOU!  JUST LIKE ME!

lol

I was waiting at the subway one day in rayon pants with nylons [80;s] and had to be told by a gentleman ever so sweetly that my pants were on the floor and I didn't know cause I thought the nylons were pants.

Since the 80's I have never returned to that subway stop I swear lol

oh and they were control top to boot!

lol

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
              SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60

It's always really reassuring when I hear people have had really embarrassing experiences too. At least we're able to laugh at ourselves. wink

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
                Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just spat orange juice everywhere lol lol

Come on EK, you know you have that "really" embarrassing memory?

..Several lol

Sorting which ones will make it past the T.O.S, lol

2. profile image0
        Wilfionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why do we always blame inanimate objects for our misfortunes?  I too
        "tut"  at the pavement if I fall.  I also shout at the door handle when I get my sleeve trapped on it, and give my laptop a damned good thrashing if it fails to work, or scream at my wireless router when that annoying circle appears on youtube, stopping me watching my favourite videos.  It is never any use, none of these things which demand so much of us ever listen to what we have to say.

1. profile image0

love it lol

2. cmontijo profile image62
      cmontijoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Most embarrassing moment was falling rock solid in front of the Priest at Church.

1. profile image0

lol  lol  lol  lol  awesome!

3. profile image49
      apoldearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was running on the pavement, and I didn't know the buttons on my blouse had opened.

At least I had a nice bra on. lol

1. profile image0

lol  lol

4. profile image0
      Ginny Kingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The other day I slipped on a street on the way to the beach, my right foor slipped into a little crack and my left foot crossed over to support my alreasy about to fall body. I put my right arm out to stop the fall and ouch for a couple of days it was painful.
      By the time I caught up to my family walking on ahead, they couldn´t stop laughing about what had just happened to me a hundred yards behind them.
      The moral of the story, you can´t rely on your family!

5. Denise Handlon profile image84
      Denise Handlonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol  That is funny!   I guess I do the same thing, lol  but I don't laugh at anyone else falling or slipping-unless I can't help myself cuz it really looks funny.  smile

6. MickeySr profile image79
      MickeySrposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Only one thing - I honestly never feel embarrassed, if I stumble it's no big deal, I'm fine speaking in public, if I don't know something everyone thinks I should it doesn't bother me a bit . . . but, vomiting in public, or even privately if my wife or kids can hear, that is terribly embarrassing to me. For years it really bothered me that this embarrassed me so, I couldn't figure-out why - then one of my kids told me it certainly was because nothing bothered me, because I am so unreasonably sure of myself . . . it is the one thing that is fully out of my control. I think she's right - it's embarrassing to me because it's a totally involuntary action, I'm not at all in control . . . and I usually am.

2. profile image0
    blake4dposted 12 years ago

What makes me embarrassed is trying to figure out how long to pause between waking up and falling out of bed. It has been a problem all my life. Except when I sleep on the floor.

1. profile image0

I say pause as long as whatever it is takes to cause the pause lol

3. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

What makes me most embarrassed is when my ADHD gets the better of me in a social situation or a public place and I talk too loud, or too much, or my behavior gets disruptive and I come off looking like a total jerk. sad

4. profile image0

OK I am letting it out lol

I tooted in Sak's Fifth Avenue {in stereo] but thank god it was in the foyer so I ran out and down 3 blocks as fast as I could

I think I was followed [not by a human get my drift-oh no don't]

lol

5. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

I think the most embarrassed I was at school. I had arrangement with my mom that after lessons are over I have to run straight home and let her go to work. She worked as a teacher (at a different school). I had a very progressive school, they had plenty of extra-curriculum activities,meetings after lessons and so on, and no way they would let me skip all of it! So, I was late to go home, because I had to sneak out from school and if got caught I was blamed loudly in front of everybody about being a bad irresponsible girl, and you bet I was scolded by my desperate mom who was late for work because of me being late home and I had to be there because I was the only nanny of my poor very ill younger brother. I was very embarrassed to tell people at school that I am NOT that bad, I did not want to explain the reason, and at home I was equally embarrassed, as I thought my mom was not fair and could not say that to her. I knew how hard her life was and felt desperate to help her and was embarrassed to tell her the truth. That was going on for many years unfortunately. Was I too shy? Was I too proud? I don't know. Children...

1. profile image0

gotta love children smile

6. profile image0

I actually embarrass myself [daily-true]

Me too, this is something I have learnt to live with, however, my two teenagers are always scolding me for embarrassing behavior. Talk about role reversal. lol

1. profile image0

ha and for me it's the uptight neighbours who clearly have never been embarrassed or looked at themselves in the mirror oops

lol

1. profile image0
          blake4dposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Those are the ones who need to be embarrassed the most indeed. Good work KG. You will like the new hub I just put up, we talked about it a while back. And it is either totally embarrassing or dead on target. Bang. Love ya Canada Lady, oh and you get a mention at the end of the new hub too. Hope you approve. xoxo Blake4d

1. profile image0

OMG going now

but admit I am slightly embarrassed as I just peed my pants in fear as we have had many appropriate and productive conversations

lol

tongue

7. profile image0

I'm embarrassed my hubscore is 92 and I lost 2 fans today

I DONT CARE YOU TWO

whew I do but had to embarrass myself into another post

no worries I do not go postal often

big_smile

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5676967.jpg

Never mind, you've just gained a new follower. big_smile

1. profile image0

ya well so have you

I realize that could be embarrassing

oops hmm:

lol

Thank you. Embarrassment is my second name and second nature. lol

1. profile image0

LMFAO

embarrassed I don't know what that means hmm:

Well, I'll set my hair alight and you pull your pants down. We'll try to remember together. lol

8. bbnix profile image61
    bbnixposted 12 years ago

I find it most embarrassing when I get compliments knowing all to well I'm just a nerd who struggles with everything and feel off balance and ridiculous in every thing I do. Tripping even - well that's a full time occupation for me. In fact, I've gotten so good at nonchalant recoveries - I think of myself as the most cool embarrassed...

And then, to make for the ultimate embarrassment, I amazingly end up with the most incredible woman of the world's love for me and I feel the whole time that this must be some huge mistake or that this is some incredible, yet cruel dream I'm going wake up from and I'll be my usual all alone self.

1. profile image0

um dude wrong thread or do something embarrassing cause you could get banned!

1. profile image0

lol  OMG  lol

2. bbnix profile image61
        bbnixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm so embarrassed all the time, I would think it a compliment being banned, and more ridiculous yet, seek as much attention as possible with regard to just how ridiculous and embarrassed I was....

In fact, I'm so embarrased, I'm completely oblivious to it, and everyone else cringes in embarrassment for me out of pure sympathy of just how ridiculously unembarrassed I can be while being completely embarrassing...

1. profile image0

Sorry speak up couldn't hear you
          lol

I couldn't hear it either.....details about that embarrassing situation.........

1. profile image0

ya geez balderdash?
              that was embarrassing

2. bbnix profile image61

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5679118.png

1. profile image0

so cute

how embarrassing for a bloke mate hmm:

1. bbnix profile image61

See what I mean...I feel totally cool while most others feel tortally embarrassed for me...it's a super power...

1. profile image0

super way cool

power not so much

lol

9. wordscribe43 profile image90
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

My most embarrassing moment(s) was at the gym one day a few years ago.  I was running on the treadmill and literally flopped stomach first onto the floor.  I went "sheesh!' to my neighbors who were trying to pretend like they didn't notice.  About 5 minutes later, BAM... I'm doing another face plant on the floor.  K, once again they acted like they didn't see it!  I was horrified... but simultaneously in hysterics.  I still think of that day every time I get on a treadmill (I go to a different gym now).  lol

1. profile image0

OK that wins chick you loser!

love ya for sure now

never I repeat never return there

and from now on wear clothes on the treadmill injuries not as bad

oye that's hysterical wordy!

1. wordscribe43 profile image90
        wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've had some other doozers back in the day, Kim.  You know... back in "those" days.  Good news?  It didn't embarrass me at the time.  But, I was perfectly sober at the gym that day.  tongue

1. profile image0

cool

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75

lol ouch lol

( Least I would have waited to laugh)

I did something similar,wait,no nooo nooo it wasnt. This fancy new gym opened and offered free personal assessments so I talked my sis into going and off we went.
      We jokingly fought over which trainer we would choose,and so as to get the jump on her I moved forward and introduced myself to the 'hunkiest looking one'...except I tripped on my own shoe (bumblefoot) ,didnt make the handshake,and ackwardly banged into him. Now ,I could have lived with that ungraceful moment,if it hadnt been for that ..FART.

Oh they all wanted me after that :lol

lol

2. profile image0

I'm embarrassed but what does fart mean?

Combustive flatus .......lol

1. profile image0

OK ilaughed so hard I combusted a flatus
            my english is not embarrassing
            nor my spelling
            i love me

3. wordscribe43 profile image90

OMG!  That's classic.  I've had many close fart calls at the gym, too many to count.  At home, you can always blame the dog, right?

We have chronic flatulators at our gym.  I'm telling you, they don't care about their green clouds.  What's up with that?  I keep mine to myself, for crying out loud.  I've almost puked on the elliptical a couple of times from my smelly neighbors.

Kim, you've never heard the word "fart"?  What do they call them in Canada?

10. bbnix profile image61
    bbnixposted 12 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5678729_f248.jpg

Laugh at your embarrassing situations. Their not really your embarrassing situations, they belong to those who pretend they've never had any. smile

1. profile image0

lol

11. profile image0

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5679075_f248.jpg

It is completely embarrassing that I have not finished my Rubiks Cube in 25 years now. But it is even worse that I was asked to play the game Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader on Facebook...

Unfortunately, I was not able to successfully load the app, so that I could play. I could see all the questions, but for some reason could not click to answer any of them. By the end of the game I had a score of 0 out of like 20 questions.

Apparently I am not even smart enough to be a Fifth Grader. Heavy sigh, head hung low...Shut down computer. LMAO

1. profile image0

that's really lame
      I concur

2. profile image0

lol lol lol lol lol lol

12. profile image0

I am so not embarrassed my hubscore is 44 just means it's double 4

13. profile image0

I WON A HUBBIE AWARD AND SO EMBARRASSED FOR GLOATING NOW CAN'T TAKE IT BACK

I SO ROCK

lol

14. Alecia Murphy profile image70
    Alecia Murphyposted 12 years ago

Anytime I have a stomach rumbling in the middle of a quite room or I drop something loudly.

1. profile image0

OMG OMG SO TRUE!  yikes

2. profile image0

I remember sitting an exam in school, when I was taken by surprise by an extraordinarily loud fart, which the hard wooden chair seemed to emphasise.  I remember feeling my face burning, as I grew red with embarrassment.

15. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 12 years ago

Apologies first....

Sometimes, if I have to pass wind, I always check no one is around but once or twice, someone choses that exact moment to walk in.....

Phew!! Well, they do say it's not healthy to keep it in....

1. profile image0

I didn't know ladies did that kind of thing as well.

1. profile image0

we let em rip

is this thread too revealing lol

16. profile image0

Pull up a chair and I am embarrassed I am going to tell this on the worldwide web

Here we go PG 30

Now I am okay with having never been an overly sexy girl or not one with large breasts, hips, or lips but all I had was long legs.  And dance I did for 14 years.  I mean everyday even longer than allowed, wearing out of shoes and leotards weekly.  I was super strong from my hips down and looked like a ferret everywhere else.

I ried endlessly and desperately to find sexiness some other way, OK so the boys would want me too.

Virginal late in life I had no reference points for sexuality and frankly it grossed me out but I just had to know.  But whom?

The night arrived, a Saturday and the most magnificent boy asked me to a house party.  I was terrified OMG.

Rod Stewart's 'Tonights the Night' started playing on the record machine, he held my hand and led me to a soon to be closed bedroom with a single bed in it.

The details that transpired next are engraved in my self esteem like a dragon.  Remember I knew nothing and waited for his lead.  His lead came.  No kissing hugging or snuggling  hmm: he just rudely pushed the top of my head to his surprisingly unzipped bell bottoms

sorry had to re group from the trauma

Anyway I knew enough to know what he wanted and proceeded with caution as I blew on his privates repeatedly, remember my strength as I also wrapped my thighs around his calves, he couldn't move, I'm blowing like a hairdryer none the wiser and he starts to scream which attracts about 8 classmates in the room just as he breaks free and exits leaving classmates laughing and mocking me.  I changed schools, boyfriends and bought a book on what a BJ really was

Yep Most embarrassed never saw him again whew

BEAT THAT

1. bbnix profile image61

It's more embarrassing that I thought that was cool.......in a cutest breezy kind of way..
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5679485_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

chilli I say
        hope he got a bladder infection lol

1. bbnix profile image61

Oh. that's cold..,.

1. bbnix profile image61

Not to say you're not hot, but no one. man or woman should suffer through that....sorry that anyone has..

Am I embarrassing myself through others again....I really can't tell....how embarrassing...I think...

1. profile image0

yes lol  ha

1. bbnix profile image61

Is that yes, someone's embarrassed for me, for which I could offer them a cookie, which of course means further embarrassment for everyone but me for me, or yes, on occasion, I  deserve a bladder infection....

2. profile image0

could be hot

suppose from pee

now that's embarrassing FOR MOI  hmm:

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75

I bow down and quite frankly blowin away by this revelation - lol lol

1. profile image0

roll  now I am the lamest? [english is my 77th language]

how embarrassing  hmm:

17. profile image0

I am bare assed.
    KOH
    Blake4d

1. profile image0

hairy?

is that embarrassing?  or lame?  how much hair?

18. profile image0

I'm embarrassed fyi

1. bbnix profile image61

I'm embarrassed for you. I mean all your friends are cool, but those ones that think they can drive...hoo boy...

1. profile image0

don't be shy now, this thread clearly has no shame and it is embarrassing to the level of loving each post

Posters you made my night

Thank You

But keep em coming.............

big_smile

2. profile image0

roll

19. profile image0

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5679937_f248.jpg

1. bbnix profile image61

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5679956.png

1. profile image0

define everything
        unless your too embarrassed  roll

1. bbnix profile image61

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5680072.jpg

2. bbnix profile image61

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5680099_f248.jpg

20. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5679944_f248.jpg

1. wordscribe43 profile image90

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kRuD6zV4Fqs/TNDD5gQJLZI/AAAAAAAAF3w/DmIHZlcPf8g/s400/embarrassed-chimpanzee.jpg

21. profile image0

I am embarrassed terribly when hubbers stop posting and cannot be found while I am the only one playing

That's really lame

hmm:

22. bbnix profile image61
    bbnixposted 12 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5680022_f248.jpg

23. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5680028.jpg

24. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

My kids embarrassed me:

Why does that lady smell stinky? (no need to wait til we have left the waiting room son-just blurt it out,right there)  lol

Or pulled over for not having tail light not working, and Master 5 piping up from the backseat," Mum said to look out for cops" n giving him the biggest cheesy smile smile....mine,not so....

1. profile image0

that's an ace I can't even begin to imagine what situations occur and I'm so embarrassed for you  lol

I think I just busted an artery laughing -omg embarrassing too  hold on got one.......

25. profile image0

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5682402.jpg

go get em girl!

lol love it!

26. profile image0

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5682427.jpg

27. profile image0

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5682525.jpg

my insane cousin had us wear pumpkin orange bridesmaid dresses and there were 8 bridesmaids.  The other girls didn't seem to be bothered at all and it was everything I could do to not laugh as they read their vows and we stood like carrots witnessing the event.  Well I stressed to keep my lips together when suddenly I thought of carrot noses for pumpkins in squash wedding cake, I completely lost it but not opening my mouth made loud snorting noises until it all came out my nose onto my dress.

I never got a thank you card for the wineglasses

guess they should have been in orange

lol

28. Acheolis profile image60
    Acheolisposted 12 years ago

I got pantsed while I was on the pull up bar in gym class a long time ago. That day I was wearing a thong.sad  Other than that not much embarrasses me, not as bad as the thong incident anyways
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5682677.jpg

29. bbnix profile image61
    bbnixposted 12 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5685194.jpg

1. profile image0

stupid is what stupid does lol

30. profile image0

hmm:

31. profile image0
    Wilfionposted 12 years ago

I find my state of dress can be embarrassing.  Often, I do my shirt up incorrectly, and even inside out, only for it to be pointed out to me.  I even once went shopping in my pyjama trousers, not realising until I got home.

1. profile image0

that actually means your cool and a trend setter lol

1. profile image0
        Arlene V. Pomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've kept in pretty good shape this year, but there's always the jerk or jerkette at the family holiday gatherings who cries out, "You're so FAT!!!"  So loud that you can hear them before coming into the house.

1. profile image0

how embarrassing for the fat jerk who feels the need to embarrassing themselves ugh
          I would kill for those phone numbers
          btw I'm proud to be phat! that's that

jerks galore!

roll

32. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

Do ya think this makes my butt look fat?

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4859650_f248.jpg

33. goego profile image79
    goegoposted 12 years ago

walking around all day and coming home to find a huge booger in my nose...hey haya doin

1. profile image0

now that's hot and embarrassing lol

34. profile image0

My niece gave me !0 if I would shut up for 10 minutes

hmm:

I made $2  hmm:

35. profile image0

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5676927_f248.jpg

1. goego profile image79
      goegoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile

1. profile image0

tongue

2. bbnix profile image61

I'm embarrassed to say that there'd no way I missed seeing how hot you looked, Kimberly.....and no, I'm not a stalker......I mean, I may be a card carrying member of "SAW" (Stalkers Anonymous Worldwide), but I no longer do such a thing,.....seriously.....and, uh....by the way, was that address 223 or 224....?

36. H.C Porter profile image79
    H.C Porterposted 12 years ago

When I notice that I have something stuck in my teeth (after I have spent a significant amount of time smiling and talking to people I have never met before that occasion)

1. profile image0

I could be a part of Team Booger.  How awful would that be?  What could be worse?  When you spent the day serving food for some charity one tells you that you've got a booger hanging from your nose?  Also, when you fall down and are bleeding, it is pretty bad when one one asks if you are all right.  So far, no one has done that to me yet.  In the past, I got up and bled away.  "Yeah, I'm okay."  So to try and make it believable, I jog for a block until I see all the blood and realize I am hurting.

37. profile image0

2 days ago I broke my thumb nail getting my platinum American Express Card out of my wallet at Tiffany's.

The salesgirl even gasped as she put her perfectly manicured hand on her chest.

Needles to say I was not just embarrassed but mortified

roll

yikes  yikes  yikes  yikes  yikes  yikes  yikes  yikes  yikes

38. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 12 years ago

Mostly I get embarrassed at not being able to follow conversations here in Spanish! Native speakers talk so fast and I get lost and asking people to repeat themselves again and again is just as bad!

1. profile image0

I have that too so I just keep saying ci ci ci gracious gracious Ola

but no one ever responds  hmm:

way worse here is French, I can't even make out a vowel

good one

lol

39. profile image0

um, just lit a cigarette and burnt/singed my nose hairs

that's not as embarrassing as it is sore

embarrassing is I am still posting in this thread primarily by myself

glad for Bard of Ely

big_smile

40. profile image50
    Chosenwomanposted 12 years ago

I get easily embarrassed when I stump my foot from walking, I walk so fast and I will turn my head back to see if anyone saw me do it, then I just laugh at myself and keep moving...

41. profile image0

I'm embarrassed to admit I embarrass myself when embarrassed hmm:

42. bbnix profile image61
    bbnixposted 12 years ago

Ok, so its the end of the school year, Washington state, in a little community just outside Seattle. It was just before the summer of 1971 (christ, that makes me feel old), I just turned 15, and I'm at my typical nerd hiding spot at the back of the bus.

Somewhere along the ride, for reasons still unclear to me, one of the very "popular girls" from the front of the bus walks to the back of the bus, asks me my name, and then proceeded to break out singing loudly, to the whole bus mind you, Laura Nyro's whole song that was then popular by The Fifth Dimension, "Wedding Bell Blues"...

Bill, I love you so, I always will
                  I look at you and see the passion eyes of May
                  Oh, but am I ever gonna see my wedding day
                  I was on your side Bill when you were loosin'
                  I never scheme or lie Bill, there's been no foolin'
                  But kisses and love won't carry me till you marry me Bill.......and so on...

for which she then took from me my yearbook that had been so deftly and artistically goofy signed in a multitude of nerdy ways by my equally nerdy friends, a couple of whom were sitting there jaw dropped as I at the back of the bus, and then proceeded to write the entire song out on the blank back page, hand it back to me, walk away, me in awe, and for whom I never saw again as we soon moved away...

I still feel embarrassed by the experience..

1. profile image0

hmm: sorry

but at least your not as lame as me I proposed and got turned down last christmas day.  hmm:

now it's much more fun though

but lame

1. bbnix profile image61

That miserable Christmas day made this upcoming Christmas day possible, which will be the best day of your life...even if a little on the lame side...

43. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

Flatulence makes me embarrassed sad

1. profile image0

its so quiet isn't it?  smile

44. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5578336_f248.jpg

ok so i was embarrassed AGAIN!

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5682484.jpg

1. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

PHEWWWW! I smell something......I wonder what it could be lol lol

1. profile image0

ok that was hilarious long and loud omg pee even worse

silent but deadly i am

spray perfume or jump up and down

1. profile image0

lol

stop it cardisa

1. profile image0

Pooooot!  Try holding it in.  It huuuuuuurrts.

1. profile image0

Never again.

2. Cardisa profile image87

Let it out, I got some perfume lol

1. profile image0

lift a leg.

just a suggestion

but under the sheets then roll over to hubby is the best

god we are classy sista

1. profile image0

Do it on hubby' and pretend to be sleeping.  Yes, such a classy move.  Poor people on the elevator.  Pooot!

My hubby is...well allergic to flatulence..yet he is very frequent with it.

I do flatulate (is that a word?) in my sleep.  lol
                    When I eat beans ....phew

2. profile image0

lol  lol  lol

now officially a fart threat

there I said it

oh TOS laugh a little

god please

3. profile image0

just saw this lol  lol  lol  lol

45. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

I am a man who gets embarrassed when such  beautiful women talk like this!

tongue lol tongue

46. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 12 years ago

I took my 81 year old mother shopping for a new oven yesterday. In the store, she inspected every piece of one particular oven, asked multiple questions, measured it, asked if they could put it on casters so she could pull it out for easy cleaning, then hummed and arghed about the shelves. We were in the store for one hour and fifteen minutes. The ever so patient sales man eventually said "Would you like to place an order for it madam" To which my mother replied " No thanks, I was just browsing" I could have died of embarrassment on the spot. lol

Aww bless her !

I feel your pain-my dad (passed now) was exactly the same way lol

I have three sisters and four brothers and we experienced his ,shall we say  unique style, and we all have many stories to tell. Im sure people thought we were exaggerating. I wrote a story once in high school,where my dad was the main character,teacher gave me an 'A' and left the comment -what an amazing imagination lol it wasnt imagined.

Families, you couldn't make it ups could you. lol My dad, like your's, was just the same before he passed away, but I'd say slightly more embarrassing. To make matters worse, after I got home, my mum rang me and said " I am interested in that oven, would you take me back on Monday for another look?" Oh, please I thought, not wanting to face the salesman again. So I said, " Shall we go to another store, you can't have been that keen on that one or you'd have bought it" She says " Look, I just want to make sure I'm getting value for money, it's got to last me the rest of my life! "  Oh please, where has this new idea come from . lol

I like your grandma.... lol

Thanks Cardisa, it's my mum, she is sweet but it can be embarrassing. I think it's all down to the second world war, they didn't have anything, so every penny has always had to be accounted for. The worst part of the nightmare shopping episode though, was when we first walked in to the store, she said at the top of her voice (she's going deaf) " I've given that vibrator to Hollie (my daughter) to give to you this morning." I was like, what???? She actually meant a vibrating back massager. I knew things could only get worse from that point on wards. lol

lol Hollie you can tell us the truth, was it really a back massager? lol

lol lol

Honestly lol there's no way I'd let my mother near anything else. lol

lol lol tongue

1. profile image0

cool

47. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

My grandma smoked cigars and spit , but only while  driving her dual wheeled flat bed truck and drinking straight wiskey!

Your grandma was a bad-ass tongue

48. stylezink profile image72
    stylezinkposted 12 years ago

I have so many embarrassing moments in my life so I'll share my most recent one. Dogs are SO embarrassing! The other day we decided to take the dogs to the dog park and mine have a routine every time they go. Before they will start playing they have to sniff everything and mark their spots along the way. So my older dog, he's a 8/9 year old Lhasa rescue, wasn't neutered until we got him two years ago, and he's still got the habit of marking like crazy. The other day he decided he wanted to mark people sitting at the picnic table in the park. He got two different people, I was so embarrassed, calling him over to me frantically, and appologizing at the same time. He's such a loser! Told myself I would start going when there was less traffic. I would be super pissed if someone's dog pissed on me, I'm glad they didn't get mad, at least they didn't show it to me, lol.

I would hat for someone's dog to wee on me but I would have liked to see the dogs do it (to someone else) lol

49. profile image0

Cardisa, pull my finger?

Hey, did you feel me pull it?

1. profile image0

no, wrong finger wanker roll

Nothing came out!  lol

1. profile image0

What's wrong can't take the heat?

lol

I am gonna pull all your fingers and toes off for saying that lol

1. profile image0

sista do Jamaicans toot different like is there a ritual circle celebratory dance or anything?

Just wondering we celebrate by denial, it never works, except I don't toot so don't quote me 'k?

tongue

We make up the dance as we go along, don't know about the tooting big_smile

1. profile image0

tooting is farting politely

I personally fluff as I am a model lady indeed

OMG lol

2. profile image0

Cardisa that was so mean, you know I have no fingers.

I could make you some, out of candle wax lol

1. profile image0

You'd light me on fire and melt me for making one candle
                  Your so mean yikes

3. profile image0

she keeps embarrassing herself eh? cool

50. profile image0

I'm too embarrassed to tell you what just happen OMG!  yikes
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5676967.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)