jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Slideshow viewer not saving changes?

1. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Staff,

I was editing my Drew Barrymore Celebrity hub and I was stripping out specific pictures from the slideshow viewer and saved changes, but it's not saving the changes.

I tried to change it 4 times. Please check into this problem.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

It has happened again on a different hub. So this isn't restricted to one specific hub.

1. ezhang profile image
      ezhangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Cags,

This slideshow bug has been fixed now. Let me know if it still continues.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nope. Not having any problem. It's been fixed and I was able to complete the project I wanted. Thank you. smile

@WannaBWriter- as far as I know there's no limit to the number of photos you can use in a hub. I wasn't even aware there was a limit on the photo capsule to the number of photos you could insert.

As for fixing your problem? I would reload whatever pictures are not working. If that doesn't fix the problem, then staff might have to look into the issue. I do know there's a limit on the size photos a minimum and maximum allowed.

If a picture is too small...then the slideshow viewer will let you know that it's too small to be used in the viewer. You can check this out, by simply going to settings and then look for the "edit slideshow" link in that area. It will tell you if there are any photos in the hub that are too small to fit the viewer.

I hope that helps.

1. WannaB Writer profile image94
          WannaB Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I did try again. The first picture did load, but not the second missing one. I tried three times to download it. The capsule says it's downloaded with the checkmark, but it doesn't appear. I tried making it a bit smaller, but that didn't help either. And the first picture did not go from thumbnail to half size. I hope staff does look into the issue, because I really did want that other picture.

1. WannaB Writer profile image94
            WannaB Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What do you know? I read another question about photos not uploading and someone mentioned Chrome. So I opened Chrome and uploaded again. Not only did it upload, but the first upload also showed and the half-size first picture also worked. So it looks like I should edit photo hubs in Chrome -- not FF.

3. WannaB Writer profile image94
    WannaB Writerposted 5 years ago

I am trying to fill out a photo capsule with 13 photos. Two of them did not load and the slide show doesn't show the first one half size for the slide show. The other photo capsules in the hub are working fine, but not this last one which I did today. Did I do something wrong? How do I try again with the two that do not show? The average size of the photos is 400 kb. This hub is not published yet. It's the one I'm writing on Kiler Canyon.  I tried the preview to see if it made a difference, but it didn't . I still have two pictures missing and no big picture.  I was wondering if I had gone over an unwirtten limit (for which I searched help and learning center  in vain) for amount of photos allowed in one photo gallery. I know there is a limit of 20 photos  per capsule, but I could find no limit for total pictures in the hub.

Title of the capsule that's not working is Into the Deeper Woods Beside the Canyon.

working