jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Comments are not posting

1. PegCole17 profile image90
    PegCole17posted 5 years ago

I've left two long winded comments in the past few minutes and neither of them posted. Once I hit Post Comment, it just took me back to the top of the hub after it acted like it was working.

Anyone else?

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I posted a couple of comments yesterday or the day before, and then when I went back to check on responses, I noticed that my comment wasn't there. However, I waited and found that my comment was there and there was a response to it.

So, I'm not exactly sure what's going on. I know there's an issue with the slideshow viewer not saving changes made also. I opened a thread about it.

Hopefully staff can fix these minor glitches. Sorry to hear that you had long winded comments disappear. That can be really frustrating.

1. PegCole17 profile image90
      PegCole17posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Cags. I really got into a rant on one of those comments so perhaps the system knew that and decided to censor me. Hahhah. Just kidding. Things happen for a reason. I'll keep looking to see if they appear later. For the past few minutes things are working ok again. Go figure?

3. 0
    Emerald Strachanposted 5 years ago

For my Primary account I use Firefox and had no problems posting the comments. For this account I use Internet Explorer and my comments are not saving...don't know if the browser has anything to do with that.

4. 0
    Giselle Maineposted 5 years ago

Yeah, I'm having this problem too and I'm on IE7.  However: on IE7 I found that I *can* leave comments if I do it via the 'feed' - just not on the individual hub.  So try this as a makeshift way of at least being able to respond to people on your own hubs (if they left their comment recently enough that it shows up on your 'feed', that is).  It totally sucks if you are trying to pop over to someone else's hub and comment on that, however, as that wouldn't necessarily be on your 'feed' so you don't have a way to leave the comment.

I also asked a question about this whole issue on the Q&A and 3 hubbers replied to say they also have problems with posting comments.  I do suspect it is probably IE7-related.  For some reason it always takes longer to iron out the IE7 glitches - it is not the best supported browser on Hubpages, although it *is* supported. (Other sites seem to work just fine with IE7 though). And IE7 is default on this computer and I don't want to use up extra space installing another browser. So I'll just wait, I guess.

5. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 5 years ago

Seems we are all having the same problem. Its to do with the latest updates, I can't even share anything either!

6. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Attention all who posted in this thread- check out this other thread. wink