jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (29 posts)

Was there another hubpage google slap?

1. tangoshoes profile image59
    tangoshoesposted 5 years ago via iphone

I know earlier this moth there was reports of hubpages being victorious in the most recent google update but now it seems my hub traffic is down about 75% and all of that is google traffic NOT hubpage traffic.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My guess is that the answer is no. Otherwise google wouldn't be being so nice to us. smile

tangoshoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Interesting article but it only talks about increasing minimization. I can't imagine that no one else has seen this dramatic fall in traffic. I have a wide range of hubs with different types of minimization so I'm not sure what is causing this. I do know from personal experience however that w/new panda updates messing with your ads can cause serious rank dropping. That post was made just 17 hours ago though so I'm not sure what could be causing this. My 3 top traffic hubs though are no longer even on the first page of google now. Dunno what to do sad

Thanks again for the link. Ive tried several times to browse the forums for answers but the iPhone app is a bit glitchy for me.

minimization = monetization..... gotta love that Iphone auto correct big_smile

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
            DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think that auto-correct thing can be turned off--I don't own an iPhone, but from what I've seen, it's the stupidest thing on a "smart" phone, doesn't know how to spell, or have a clue what word you want, so it's more trouble than it's worth! sad

2. 0
      Baileybearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

my traffic is still good like is has been past few weeks

3. firdousi0 profile image55
      firdousi0posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think there is no problem with old hubs. However, latest hubs that I have posted could not get updated by Google. The hupages team need to resolve this problem because many of the writers are on the hubpages because  their hubs were updated by google very quickly whereas independent blogging require much more time to be noticed by google spinders.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Individual hubs have seen sharp falls, and some rises, on idiosyncratic schedules.

3. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

My traffic tanked with the October 13 Panda "tweak," but has come back partially. It at about 50% of peak traffic on Monday, and then fell again yesterday. Some hubbers have been experiencing "surging and plunging" of traffic. I hope your top hubs recover!

4. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I've just seen traffic go steadily up since early July.

1. toygurus profile image59
      toygurusposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's really great relache. Thanks for sharing. You are a lucky that your account has not been plunging and surging. Maybe you could share with the rest of us what you are doing different to help us out.

For some of us, we have seen our traffic plummet on hubpages overnight. It's not a good feeling. Thanks.

1. Aficionada profile image93
        Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

But the truth is that probably no one knows (yet) why any account is staying the same or any other account is increasing steadily, any more than plungers and surgers know why their rollercoaster is happening.

Even if someone doesn't know the reasons, why isn't it helpful to know which accounts are behaving in certain ways, so that anyone who wants to try to analyze them can do so?

Well if it's a roller coaster I guess I'm along for the ride :p Glad I haven't seen the same types of jumps on my independent sites. Can't say that they haven't had their ups and downs w/the updates though.

2. toygurus profile image59
          toygurusposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I think we can try to analyze the accounts that have seen traffic rising and see what is different with accounts that are plunging and surging. Perhaps these hubbers are doing something different.

There has to be an explanation why certain accounts are behaving a certain way.  I think hubbers like relache are the key to solving the problem.

What is the difference between her account and hubbers who don't have steady traffic?

2. relache profile image86
        relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm not doing anything differently.  During the many months where traffic was really down, I didn't do anything, didn't backlink, didn't delete RSS feeds, I just let my Hubs sit there and do their things.  The subdomain switch in July restored my previous traffic and then some.

5. Google Panda profile image60
    Google Pandaposted 5 years ago

The latest confirmed algorithm change was Panda 2.5.2, which came out the night of October 13.  It only affected a small number of hubbers, myself included on my other account.  Surprisingly, most hubbers survived the update.

I'm going to cross my fingers on this one. All reports seem to point to them bouncing back at some point. At least that's the way these things seem to be going.

6. LuisEGonzalez profile image81
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

I believe you are right in your assumption that Google has done something since my traffic has been cut in half in the last few days.....sad

7. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 5 years ago

Yet, today I had the best traffic rush ever on about every one of my 40 hubs!!! By the end of the day, it's down, but this morning and throughout the day--WOW!

8. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

Ever since the HP ad program, and the subdomain thing, coupled with a few minor tweaks to some of my hubs, I'm doing better than I ever have before.  I'm actually seeing real money, twice now, have made over a dollar in a single day.  That's up from barely 5 cents in a week pre-Panda; pre-HP ads and pre-subdomains.  So something is working in the right direction.  wink

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Happy to see that "right direction" seems to be happening for  you.   smile

2. janderson99 profile image87
      janderson99posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Traffic Steady in the Yellow SUBmarine
      450% up since got the new SUB
      Down scope, See Yah! Cheers!

3. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's good to hear, Dzy - I know you have been working hard on getting traffic and monetization.  It must be working out. 

Keep it up and you'll see $10 days down the road.  I remember the first time that showed up; it was pretty exciting, to say the least.

9. Ms Dee profile image86
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

My recent experience is similar to what DzyMsLizzy describes. Though the average is averaging a bit more, $2/day. Glad to see it happening for DzyMsLizzy, too.

10. Marye Audet profile image92
    Marye Audetposted 4 years ago

My traffic is about the same but my adsense has plunged again

11. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago

Forget Panda changes and don't get concerned about Google updates. These will happen on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.

Every single Hubber here will experience being part of one of many groups (other Hubbers) with views going, going down, or remaining steady...every....single...day.

I had about 63 Hubs on this account at Christmas 2010. I will see traffic double since Christmas for the first time this week and since Christmas 2010, I have only added 27 hubs this year-to-date.

I also have a wide range topics for my hubs.

One needs to look at traffic over the long term. There will be many times here that your own traffic will bomb. The arse will fall out of it and you will get a feeling that your wasting your time.

If you can weather that type of storm and stick it out long term, it will get better and most likely, your traffic will recover. Ask anyone who has been here for more than 4 years and they will suggest to you that your traffic, will eventually gain back.

12. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

Tangoshoes, searches comes in trends and while some may suffer a little others see results. Take for instance, this month has been my best months since the last update a couple of months ago. My traffic has been steadily climbing. The other day when I plunged there were other hubbers whose traffic sky-rocketed. Keep tweeting and promoting your hubs elsewhere and your traffic will rise again.

13. arizonataylor profile image82
    arizonataylorposted 4 years ago

After the October 13 update, my traffic hit new lows, even lower than the original Panda update.  My traffic has not recovered.  I keep writing and backlinking, but I have yet to see a traffic rebound.

14. Sinea Pies profile image83
    Sinea Piesposted 4 years ago

Mine has been up. Admittedly, my number of Hubs out there is still low next to many, so my results may not be statistically credible but I have become very optimistic.