Hubpages and Article Marketing

1. marine-shirts profile image61
    marine-shirtsposted 4 years ago

I'm doing some article marketing and was hoping to use Hubpages as one of my portals.
    The last two articles I've submitted have been denied because it's a duplicate from another site.
    That's because I submitted my original article on another website!

Can you not use Hubpages for article marketing?

1. skear profile image93
      skearposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can create content that backlinks to articles on other websites but the hubs you post must be unique, meaning they cannot exist anywhere else on the web.

Google doesn't like duplicate content so most people will recommend against duplicating the same article across multiple sites on the web.

It might be more beneficial to write a related article and then link to the articles you are trying to promote on other sites. 

Of course you'll have to follow the rules on backlinking otherwise your hub will be considered overly promotional.

The faq has more information that relates to this as well.

2. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hubpages is not, and never has been, an article marketing submission site.

I do also believe that nowadays even article submission sites do not want duplicate content.

In which case you will have to spin or otherwise substantially change the content you have already written, for each article site, which doesn't include Hubpages where spun articles will break TOS and get you banned off the site anyway.

Hope this answers your question.