Hub Indexing

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)
  1. David 470 profile image81
    David 470posted 12 years ago

What is the average time it takes for a hub to get indexed? I noticed that sometimes it only takes 12-24 hours, but one of my hubs seems to have not been indexed and it has been above that time.

Do longer hubs take longer to get indexed?

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have seen a couple of threads on the same subject maybe looking them up would help.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My last hub took 3 days to get indexed. It's word count was 680.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That seems about the norm for me.  Sure, I've had a few happen overnight, and one took 6 weeks, but it's usually right around 3 days.

2. visitmaniac profile image59
    visitmaniacposted 12 years ago

All depends on how easy it is to find it by the search engine spiders. If you want it indexed always within 24 hours then you should ping your hub url. You can do this by sites such as pingomatic.com

Happy hubbing smile

3. iQwest profile image49
    iQwestposted 12 years ago

Amazingly enough, considering how bad my traffic has been from the big G after the subdomain switch, all of my Hubs of recent memory have been indexed within 24.

Of some interest to note though, some articles I have written on other sites have really taken a long time to get indexed lately.  In particular, I have three recent articles going on 3-6 weeks without being indexed despite pinging and going through the traditional measures to tell G I have a new page!

On a final note, I've found that posts from established Blogger sites are indexed almost immediately.

4. David 470 profile image81
    David 470posted 12 years ago

What a surprise. One hub took at least 48 hours to get indexed, but I check and see it's almost at 1000 views in 24 hours. Sweet! big_smile

I'm going to start pinging more often. I used to abide by it a lot, but now it seems to be more important for me considering my SEO methods.

5. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I've noticed that since I've been slapped hubs take a lot longer to index, up to two weeks.

On my new subdomain, my more recent offerings are indexing within hours if not minutes.

On my new Blogger blogs, they are not only indexing as soon as I publish, but I am getting sent organic traffic right away.

I'm still the same person. I still write the same.

1. iQwest profile image49
      iQwestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"I'm still the same person.  I still write the same." -- I hear you, IzzyM!

It gets to be a bit much listening to the "quality content" lecture in terms of "quality content" being the end all cure when it comes to the disastrously low traffic levels for us subdomain plungers.

I'll be the first to admit that there's a ton of writers who write much better than I do.  Page for page, they're going to "organically" generate a much bigger following and substantially more traffic.

I'm happy for them!  They're already achieving what I'm always working towards.  They should be rewarded for having a talent that enables them to offer extremely useful or captivating content.  Despite our best efforts and putting our best foot forward, we're not all going to be able to run a five minute mile!

That being said, why does my best effort, even if everyone considers it to be junk, translate into over 20,000 page views, for 31 lenses (3 of which aren't even indexed by Google) over at Squidoo, while 92 Hubs only translate into a little over 2,700 page views over the past month here at HubPages?

I think we can all agree, this difference in traffic levels is staggering to put it mildly!!!

In short, it's very clear, even from my inexperienced corner of the world, that there's much bigger things going on, that nobody seems to have an explanation for, that goes far beyond how good or bad we write!

1. David 470 profile image81
        David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

When you say 2700 page views, are you referring to 24 hour stats or HP ad program impressions?

1. iQwest profile image49
          iQwestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

2,700 page views total for an entire month for 92 Hubs (end of September through end of October).  Pretty poor!

Over at Squidoo, I have 29 indexed lenses that have received a little over 20,000 page views during the same time period.

6. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Google not big on re-indexing...?

I just came across a bub of mine that hasn't been revisited by google since September 8th; so says the cache.

Can anyone top that with an even older date? smile

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just checked a random one of mine - 27th of August.

1. paradigmsearch profile image61

2 months! Now that is outright depressing. Leastwise, I now know when I make a bunch of awesome changes the reason that there is absolutely no effect whatsoever.

2. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A random pair came in at Sept. 2 and Oct. 19. 

Can it be that G keeps the same cache date if there have been no changes?

1. paradigmsearch profile image61

I have no idea, but my guess would be no.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)