Karma? Or prophetic dream of 2012...

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Jerrico Usher profile image55
    Jerrico Usherposted 15 years ago

I had this dream last night that publishers clearing house came to my door with the balloons and the check, you know all the "your Americas next Millionaire" whoohooo... then over the camera man's shoulder I saw in the distance a mushroom cloud forming....

The dream freaked me out mainly because I have for as long as I can remember, had dreams about future events, that due to the future being un-defined (perceptions change as events unfold so even though you think you can define what you'd see in the future, the reality is you are void of all the experiences that would complete the perception definition (too deep?)..

at any rate most of my "vivid" dreams have come true often just the way I dreamed them (I once had a dream I was a billionaire too but still waiting on that one to unfold)...

But can you imagine, finally, the PCH sweepstakes stops by and you notice that oops someone shot a nuclear bomb at us and well this money is useless to me now? If I survive the radiation at all... I hate dreams like this.

1. jdeschene profile image60
      jdescheneposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That is quite freaky.  But it could mean a number of things other than mushroom clouds in the future.  For instance, it's possible that current events have you very worried, maybe even subconsciously, and you may feel as though they're infringing on your personal happiness.

It could also be a reflection of a pessimistic attitude.  I don't know you personally, so I don't mean to imply anything.  Just throwing out possibilities.

As a side note, I very much enjoyed your views on perceptions changing as events unfold.  Well-worded and well-considered.  smile

Jerrico Usherposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You are cleaver! O.k. I confess I know what this means.. I'm deep into dream interpretation and have been using my dreams to figure out those pesky subconcious hidden fears etc.. I even use tarot to decode my dreams as tarot cards simply land based on the minds own formula- Pictures...

Long story short...

My dream symbolized both my dream of massive success and my fear of - Massive success.

I've always had what it took to make alot of money, I know what to do, I have done it before actually, but I think I fear how money would change me in a lot of ways. The mushroom cloud stands for destruction, annialation of my current self, in alot of ways I'm holding myself back because I know I have this side of me that is selfish, greedy, but it doesn't surface right now, but when I had money before it did, in fact I wasn't a bad person, I was very generous and didn't keep a tight wad on my money but there were times when people were decietful to friends of mine and I , always protecting the underdog, found myself aquiring too much power to deal with these people because I knew how to use resources to put them in their places.

The thing I'm most afraid of is my intellegence.. it sounds vain but it isn't. I'm smart enough to get into peoples heads and screw with their self esteem, now I don't do this, but when I become upset I think I can lose control of my rational mind, the forum is proof of my wrath... I think I still need to work on myself humbly before I really hit the big time because well let me put it to you in a metaphore fantasy.

Let's say people could use telekenisis (moving things with your mind)... would you want this ability without being able to control your emotions? No because you'd lose it on someone and could push them accidentally over a cliff, you could make them fall backwards down some stairs, or you could simply put undue fear in the minds of others because you can't control your gift enough to not want to show others (some would think it was cool, others would be afraid of you, if you've seen the movie Phenominon you know what I mean, hell Heroes the series is another good example)

My thing isn't that dramatic but I am well aware that I'm afraid of aquiring alot of money although I want to so badly as well.. this dream symbolized my fear and desire into one place for me and I could clearly see what is holding me back. I hesitate at key points when it comes to success, I become easily distracted although all the way up I was intensely focused.. I fear now that I'll always start a great thing but won't finish it to frutation, this is one reason I try to enlist others to join me in things like the Hubpages site I was creating. I intuitively know with a bunch of people depending on me to do it I will surpass my own fears and do it (for them not me) and it will get done.

The problem here is that I want them aboard so badly (so I can get it done and because I want to help them succeed as well as their success breeds my own) that I think I sell it too much, or I become impatient when people don't respond.. My desperation is in needing others to become a part of things so I can bypass my fears and find success. I've always wanted others to share success with as well, its no fun being the only rich guy in the room, nobody else can relate, they either want your money so are fake, or they are jealous of your money and won't open up to you, accept you as part of their world.. with a team effort where everyone wins makes money etc.. its great!

The irony is that I haven't been able to successfully get people on board. With this site thing I'm going forward with it anyway as I know people will see it and jump on board later... I've had alot of dreams where I had millions of dollars (unhindered) in some I believe I'm seeing my future self (I have alot of precognition dreams that happen and force me to feel dejavue then I remember the event happening in my dream and feel a shock)..

ok I've babbled on enough smile

Jerrico

p.s. thank you for your assessment, you were right!

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

Well of course we all know the poles are going to reverse in 2012 so maybe your dream has a kernel of truth....

(note to the anxious - actually the New Scientist now reckons it won't cause any trouble after all)

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Won't it make us all dizzy? -- at least the ones who aren't dizzy already? and what about Austrailia? Will it still be "down under"?

Will all of the maps need to be redrawn so South is at the top?

3. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

Rochelle, we'll still be "Down Under"  - it's just that a compass will point south for north, and north for south.  The Earth won't turn turtle, it's the magnetic field that will switch.

Of course, there's no guarantee it will happen in 2012 it's just what some scientists are predicting.  The Earth has switched poles several times and it hasn't happened for 73,000 years so it's definitely on the horizon.   Our magnetic field gets very weak while it's happening and they were concerned that  we'd all die from radiation (because we normally rely on the field to protect us) but it looks like that won't be the case (let's hope!!)

Jerrico Usherposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yea and what scientists aren't telling us is that the only reason we can't all fly, move objects with our mind, or clearly use our telepathic powers, is because a million years ago the poles shifted (gods practical joke)...

when they shift back the series "Heroes" will be us.. we'll all have these powers... will be like when you put the batteries in a device wrong and it don't work then you switch them around and it does.

With all the fear of god in all these churches and other organization that need us all to be "turned off" they are worried that people will realize we don't need them and will start to think for ourselves, so they started connecting all these prophetic things and launching history channel shows about the 2012 disaster coming... all the prophecies however were not about us, but the time they were made (having nothing to do with the future)...

I like this explanation as it makes more sense than the hogwash the media is feeding us... ah but what if this change in polarity IS what unlocks our power? what if those people who could do these things were just born "backwards" bioelectrically? hmmmm makes you think huh?

4. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

OK-- so write the hub about pole shifting.
    Our compasses will be confused, though-- right?
    What about communications sattelites and things that  use gyroscopes-- any effects there?

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I wish I could, but I'm not a scientist. The topic is only in my head because I was reading a New Scientist in a coffee shop the other day ( I was bored, OK?) and came across it.  Maybe there's another Hubber out there with enough knowledge to explain it?

Here's a link with a bit of info
      http://www.newscientist.com/blog/shorts … -flip.html

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)