jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

New questions posted by me showing "closed for new answers"!!?

1. Sneha Sunny profile image86
    Sneha Sunnyposted 5 years ago

Recently I wanted to ask a question but when I submitted that it showed "closed for new answers". Neither I can see that I've asked a question on my "hubtivity". I don't know whether it's visible to others or not but I can't see it. I checked on the questions asked by me in "Activity" but its not there, neither in the asked questions nor in the closed question (however I didn't closed it. What's the point closing a question without getting any answer!!). What's wrong??

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I guess HubPages deemed them either too personal, questions that required one-word answers, or any number of reasons they flag them.

Sneha Sunnyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I simply asked what is the difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org. So, I don't think there is anything in this question that should be flagged!

And it showed "closed for new answers" as soon as I posted it.

1. SiddSingh profile image60
          SiddSinghposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Probably because the question was asked and answered numerous times.

Just copy " difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org. " and paste it into the google search bar. You will get your answer.

But this question hasn't been asked on hubpages before. At least it didn't showed this question in the option when I was writing this question.

2. Ari Lamstein profile image78
      Ari Lamsteinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Most likely your question triggered one of our auto-filters.  All this means is that a moderator must review it before it is visible to the public.  This is why it is listed as "closed to new answers"  and did not appear in your feed.

Our auto-filters are generally good: most of what they catch is spam (which we are happy that the HubPages community does not have to see!), but sometimes it makes a mistake.  From what you are saying, it sounds like this is one of those cases.  So I expect that as soon as someone from our moderation team looks at the question, it will become visible to the public.

okay thanks for the response. I'll wait then.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I notice they are open again, why did you ask the same question twice?

actually first I thought that I accidentally closed the first one. That's why. But later on I saw that the other one is showing the same thing. So,,, oooopsie... :-)

working