jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Ads are having a nervous breakdown!

1. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 5 years ago

Is anybody else noticing the fact that our Ads are not picking up key words and adjusting accordingly? Its just that I can't figure out why I should have adverts for Wills and probate on an animal hub! and others too, wondered if this was a glitch?

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Let us face it folks.

We are all doomed.

Our hubs have nothing to do with what is advertised on them.

I, for one, am fine with that.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Nell, hasn't anyone told you it's not solely based on content, but is also based on factors with readers browsing habits?

3. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 5 years ago

Clear your cookies and take another look!

4. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

More than a month after my trip to Rome, I am still getting ads for parking at Bristol Airport. I decided train-bus was the best option long ago. I am not due to fly from Bristol again until maybe in February, if Cardiff does not give me a Dublin route. Car parking at Bristol Airport is totally irrelevant to me now, but Google is force-feeding me with this.

Obviously, I am not going to click on these ads. However, I have been searching for lightweight laptops because I am thinking of getting one before my current one gives up the ghost. So I am an almost-buyer of a laptop, but Google Ads still prefer to tell me about airport parking instead...

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Doomed I say!

1. Hollie Thomas profile image59
        Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I'm still haunted by holiday ads to Kefalonia. I returned to the UK from Kefalonia on the 30th September.

5. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 5 years ago

wonder what would happen then if I wrote about insurance? probably get cat food or swimming lessons!

It appears that they're matching ads with search terms. My son searched for birthday cards online. Minutes later I answered comments on my hubs, and the ads were for the dogs do do greetings cards.

1. Nell Rose profile image90
        Nell Roseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Seems like they can't catch up with you! maybe they settle down when we come out of hubs.

More like, they can't distiguish between what I maybe searching for, and my son maybe searching for. Have they considered multiple users? smile

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1 ip = 1 user.  Just ask G.  Never mind that we run 5 computers in our house at the same time, there is one user.

Seriously, G needs to recruit an " intelligent " marketing company. lol

2. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What really concerns me about 'personalized' ads, is that ads appear in my email related to the content!

working